going to usa for a year wanna bring my hand tools!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdesign

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi heading off to america next wed for a year wanna bring out my hand tools just weighed them and they weigh 16 kg whats the best way to bring them postage second plane bag??
plane bag costs 75 euro for 23 kg does anyone know any better ideas
also wanna bring my golf clubs they cost 210 euro one way if i want to bring them on the plane.
thanks in advance
Richard

Send them by ship!!! Air freight is silly for heavy stuff. If you really want to compare options & get advice, talk to a shipping agent (they deal with air / surface).

Buy the tools and golf clubs out there (loads cheaper) and make some cash selling them back in the UK but you would still need to ship them back.

Upgrade to Premium Economy (one way) then you can take 2 No. 23Kg cases?
Don't know about golf clubs though?
Also check on Duties?

I've brought things back from the States - their stuff is definitely cheaper.

Rod

I used to spend a lot of time in the US on work, if I was you I'd look on at as a great opportunity to buy Stanley Bedrocks, Disston saws, and a whole lot else at great prices!

really all I want to bring is my clifton no 5 1/2, block plane, two cherry chisels and mallets, marking tools.
going to use a club workshop out their for machines. not sure how much money i will have out their. 70 euro to post them but can take up to a month and scared of them getting lost as they r work at least 500 squid.
Thanks for the replies.

Back