Glue Bottles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope...don't use one. I use TBIII and find that the supplied bottles with the push-up thingie in the spout work well. If I have to spread a large amount of glue around for veneering, I just gloop it on and then use a toothed spreader to push the stuff around - Rob

Whilst on the subject of glue ups, I find disposable glue brushes invaluable.

Axminster now sell these http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp? ... =1&jump=44 but I bought a large number of similar wooden shafted ones years ago. I do not think I have actually thrown one away yet as I always wash them out so I think my set will last me a few lifetimes.

Helpful sometimes to snip the bristles to make the brush stiffer.

cheers

Thank for the replies.

I agree about the TB bottles. It was particularly the roller for larger areas that interested me. Will probably give the Axminster set a go. Not too much money to speculate. :)

The TB bottles are pretty good at dispensing glue but I've found my current TB1 dispenser nearly always gets stuck. I forgot to clean it off one time and stupidly scratched away the dry glue with the point of a screw. I think in the process I scratched the dispenser and now every time I use it I have a fight to get the £(%(" thing open. Nearly finished that bottle though so all is good :D

I have one of the Axi roller bottles, OK on stuff upto about 4" wide or edge jointing boards. Take off the roller after each use and wash it and the nozzel out, they supply a plain screwon cap so the contents don't dry out. Above that its either a toothed spreader or 4" roller.

I find the TB bottles split around the base of the nozzel after a while so usually when I buy a gallon I also get an 8oz bottle at teh same time.

Jason

John I use this Gluemaster roller from Axminster and find it to be very good http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp? ... =1&jump=48

100115_xl.jpg

I used to have the one you mentioned and although it was ok when new, it soon went down hill, and no matter how many times I cleaned it it kept on blocking up.

Cheers

Mike

I have never got on with the roller bottles. The roller always seems to skid over the glue. Like Rob, I gloop it on and use a spreader for large surfaces.

For PVA glue I use an old fairy liquid bottle and for tightbond I use the bottle it came in as I like the pokey up bit. I just pick off the glue that has set from the spout every now and again.

Mick

I've got one of those Mike. Just to be clear, I think it's rubbish, come round and make the tea and you can have it.

Latest posts

Back