Glass Hardware

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonA

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdy guys and gals.....

Does anyone have any websites that they could point me to that sell architectural glass hardware?

I'm after the small steel stand off posts on the top of this wooden frame:
http://www.triskom.co.uk/Product_Images ... t-zoom.jpg

Does anyone also have any experience working with glass for this kind of unit? The AV unit that I'm going to build is very similar to this, probably about 1000mm wide x 500mm deep and it'll be holding a 35kg plasma screen. I'm currently going to be going with 15mm tempered glass.

Here is the website that I got the main design from:
http://www.triskom.co.uk/productdetail. ... 060%20inch)&showprev=

Thanks for all your help.

SimonA

I would first talk to Cameo Glass to see if it's strong enough, but as it's been done before then should be ok.

We use this set-up for transaction tops for reception desks and secretarial units but with 12mm toughened glass.

I'm trying to dig out our suppliers of the supports. We use Doug Mockett (USA) but these are more expensive than the UK company we use.

http://www.mockett.com/default.asp?id=681

Have you not tried the usuals, Hafele - Isaac Lord etc

Another supplier of architectural glass hardware is Bohle in Dukinfield, south of Manchester

Scrit

I usually get my standoffs from Preefit (part of Preedy glass), look under shopfit, they can do the countersunk holes in the glass as well.

Jason

Thanls for that guys......Prefit is the one I was thinking of.......

Jason do they have a delivery service as I live in the north east......just thinking it might be easier to get them to sort the glass, drill the holes and supply me with the stand offs. If not then I do have an account at the local Pilkington depot, so I would just have to take in the fitting diagrams and get them to supply and drill the holes.

Has anyone ever used the ones that just glue underneath the glass?

Cheers again.

SimonA

We have but you see the glue shadow from above.

I'll check in the morning but we then applied a spray adhesive which resulted in a better finish.

Hi with referance to gluing mounts on glass this is normally done using UV resins.Iwould suggest looking up Glass repair on the net.
GARY

They delivered to me but I'm only in Surrey so not too sure how far they will travel and what the costs would be.

Worth ordering one of the tools that fit the small holes in the top of the fittings to do them up otherwise you may damage the holes. BTW this is what they look like from the top. If you don't need a totally flat surface then the ones that have a top to them and fit a straight hole are a lot cheaper, a bit like these ones that I made myself

Toughened glass usually comes with the edges highly polished and a small 1mm chamfer to all arrises.

Jason

Back