Glass cabinet Part II

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work Niki, I really like the look of your cabinet. I also like the way you use those simple spacer blocks to get reproducible spacings for your dowels. I have lots of off cuts of MFC from the kitchen cabinets I am making, which I was going to throw away, not realising that it was potentially a valuable set of tools. Keep up the good work!

Thank you Andy and George

Andy
The back is going to be a mirror backed-up with 8mm plywood (the grooves are ready) and the shelves will be of 6mm glass.

George
Don't "accuse" me for the look of the cabinet, it's my wife's "fault".
Keep all those left-over pieces, I use them any time I need spacers, I used them even for the kitchen, when I installed the base cabinets doors I put a spacer under the door to help me to locate all the doors at the same height above the floor.

niki

Mrs. N shows good taste in her designs.
I usually hold on to scraps of solid wood and plywood, looks like I'll need a bin for the MFC too.

I love your ideas Niki and I'm sure everyone here thanks you for the work you put in to show us...

Please could you tell me what software you use to produce the writing etc. on the pics?

Lee

Thank you so much for the compliments

George
My wife designed all the furniture and the arrangement within the house (and the garden).
If you would leave it to me, it would look like somebody just left the furniture where the movers put them and the furniture, would look like someone was experimenting connections with pieces of wood (and I will not say what would happen to the garden).

Seaco
Its called "Faststone Image Viewer" you can find it here
http://www.faststone.org/
They have also resizing and screen capture programs.
The good thing is that, it adds only a few KBs for adding the text and not like other programs.
If you will have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Regards
niki

very nice and good working methods again niki,

what are the sizes of the cabinet, would be good to get an idea
of the proportions. and how are you going to stop it racking???

paul :wink:

Thank you Paul
The unit is 1,000mm wide, 1400mm high and 500mm deep.

The back is going to be a mirror and 8mm plywood back.
As always, after the unit is finally located in place, I tie it to the wall with "L" brackets from above (habit from Japan, against earthquakes), and 2~4 screws coming from the lower cabinet (the unit will go over the TV stand).

niki

Back