• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Genuine Canadian Maple

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul200

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been asked to make a small box to accommodate two uniform buttons from WW2 and a Free French lapel badge. The box is to be made of Oak and Canadian Maple. The Canadian Maple is for my clients personal and sentimental reasons and can't be anything else. My problem is the price of the stuff and the fact that I don't need very much. I would only need a small piece, say 400x75x25mm and I wondered if anyone had an offcut that size or even two 200mm lengths? Or I would be grateful for any ideas on where I could purchase small lengths at a reasonable price. Thanks guys.

I have some that I brought back from Canada with me in 2004. I bought it in a timber yard in Ontario to make a bed frame but never got around to it. I’ve used it for a number of projects since. It’s not figured but you’re welcome to some the size you are looking for. I’m away from home for a week but if you still need it when I get back I can send it to you.

I have some that I brought back from Canada with me in 2004. I bought it in a timber yard in Ontario to make a bed frame but never got around to it. I’ve used it for a number of projects since. It’s not figured but you’re welcome to some the size you are looking for. I’m away from home for a week but if you still need it when I get back I can send it to you.
Paul, mate, you're a lovely man! And from Somerset - we moved up here from there 9 years ago. Speak when you return. Thanks again!

Paul, mate, you're a lovely man! And from Somerset - we moved up here from there 9 years ago. Speak when you return. Thanks again!
I’m literally heading to the airport in about an hour but this if the maple I have
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have five lengths 120x20x2000 and one piece 150x50x1100

I’ll send some clear pictures when I get back and you can select which bits you want.

Back