Gel Stain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianhabby

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the gel stain that Norm uses? I can't seem to find anything about it over here and it looks like it will fill the grain and stain at the same time.

It's for the mahogany tea trolly that I am making. I have already stained it with rustins mahogany stain, some brown and red mixed and I think I would like it a bit darker. I am now ready to apply a grain filler and I got some Rustins grain filler but I think it looks a bit pink and I would like something a bit darker.

Any ideas

regards

Brian

Thanks for that Andy, I'll check it out, although I've just finished the tea trolly today. I did finish up using the Rustins grain filler but darkened it with some stain, it was a bit pink but after I sanded it I gave it another coat of stain and it was okay.

I gave it a few coats of quick drying polyurethane varnish and if I say so myself, I think it really looks the business - well I'm pleased with it anyway, I hope my client is as pleased (my mum)!

I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and get a few decent photos of it and then I'll post it in the Projects section for all to see.

Once again thanks for your response,

regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back