gas nail guns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen69

Reaction score
i am going to buy new nail gun have only had paslodes before anybvody know what other ones are like-makita-dewalt robi ur knowledge would be good help
1st fix. was going to stick with paslode for finisher

you need to check out the new senco gun. Doesnt use gas and doesnt need refilling, think it uses a pressurised nitrogen chamber or something. Had a go of one in the shop the other day. Really good. Have a look, cos they are going to take over from gas easily, not much more expensive and nothing to really go wrong with them

SNight":27b7iaur said:
you need to check out the new senco gun. Doesnt use gas and doesnt need refilling, think it uses a pressurised nitrogen chamber or something. Had a go of one in the shop the other day. Really good. Have a look, cos they are going to take over from gas easily, not much more expensive and nothing to really go wrong with them

can't possible see how you can say there is nothing to go wrong witht hem when they are brand new and not yet properly test in the field.

1st fix, Paslode or Hitachi are both good, with the paslode prob edging it. I've not tried the new senco but have used the paslode for 10 years+.
2nd fix, i wouldn't look any further than the dewalt nailer. Much better than the paslode and cheaper fixings as they don't use gas.

I've got a hitachi 1st fix and it is a great gun. came with 2 batteries as standard and is compatible with paslode nails / gas.

I noticed this DeWalt nailgun the other day and thought the price was quite good, considering that it comes with two batteries. Whether or not it's suitable though, depends on your requirements (as questioned by a couple of people already). DeWalt also have a couple of other models available that might be worth considering.

This Makita nailer is more of a first-fix nailer and, I think, got good reviews in Good Woodworking a couple of years ago.

For Hitachi, click here.

By comparison, that new Senco nailer costs over £500 and you only get the one battery included... At least, with some of the other names, you're more likely to have compatible 18v kit in your tool arsenal. If you do have some 18v kit then, it may to shop around for a 'naked' nailer, which should work out a lot cheaper.

Deansocial. Have you tried one, had a look at one and read all the information on them?? If so you could see why I made that statement. Also anyone who has experience of using a gas powered gun will tell you how much maintanence you have to do to keep them running nice and without fault. Then you have to keep buying gas, they dont work below certain temperatures. The senco gun works in well below minus conditions and you never have to buy gas. I was just trying to help him out with some advice, what did you contribute to him???

SNight":1e5yd3fk said:
Deansocial. Have you tried one, had a look at one and read all the information on them?? If so you could see why I made that statement. Also anyone who has experience of using a gas powered gun will tell you how much maintanence you have to do to keep them running nice and without fault. Then you have to keep buying gas, they dont work below certain temperatures. The senco gun works in well below minus conditions and you never have to buy gas. I was just trying to help him out with some advice, what did you contribute to him???
yes i have read about them, i read about them back in october, also know someone that has spoken to the rep about them and was advised to wait 6 month to ween all the problems out.
I was just saying its a strong statement to say that there nothing to go wrong with it when its just come out and the only nailer that uses that tech.

I use a passy 1st, dewalt 2nd-repaired 3 times and broke again. and a bostich 1st air and 2nd fix air nailer.

i prefer the air nailers.

if you go for gas i would have the new paslode 1st fix as it works to -15c

Back