Gangs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mark270981":29cj2zvl said:
gus3049":29cj2zvl said:
mark270981":29cj2zvl said:
There is something I have to say, she is the most wonderful caring lady you could wish to meet, she took on another guy in a similar situation and helped him or probably should say encouraged him to get into Sandhurst, he is now a captain in the army, but i only met him once so couldn't comment on what/how he felt.

I'm quite sure that Sandhurst is pretty low on the gangs' list of desirable options.

Its way down on mine too as I hate everything it stands for whilst recognising the need.

It does show the importance of help and guidance though and showing the possibilities that life can offer.

oh sorry she should left him on the streets then instead providing him with an opportunity to do something with his life.

The bit in bold renders your reply rather childish.

mark270981":mrxkgjqt said:
gus3049":mrxkgjqt said:
mark270981":mrxkgjqt said:
There is something I have to say, she is the most wonderful caring lady you could wish to meet, she took on another guy in a similar situation and helped him or probably should say encouraged him to get into Sandhurst, he is now a captain in the army, but i only met him once so couldn't comment on what/how he felt.

I'm quite sure that Sandhurst is pretty low on the gangs' list of desirable options.

Its way down on mine too as I hate everything it stands for whilst recognising the need.

It does show the importance of help and guidance though and showing the possibilities that life can offer.

oh sorry she should left him on the streets then instead providing him with an opportunity to do something with his life.
Come on, re-read what I said.

I hate everything to do with war. I also recognise the need to prepare for it as there are people out there for whom the big stick is the only answer. This goes for the rioters too.

That was in no way meant as a derogatory comment about the army Captain or the help he got or the people who choose that way of life. They do things that I would have problems doing myself and we should all be grateful for that.

studders":3enaw2dy said:

oh sorry she should left him on the streets then instead providing him with an opportunity to do something with his life.[/quote]

The bit in bold renders your reply rather childish.[/quote]

Duly noted - didn't read it properly my apologies gus

gus3049":lmbjud6a said:
studders":lmbjud6a said:

In what way?

Gawd. Not yours Gus, I meant Marks reply, which he has duly coughed up to. And I apologise for the 'Childish' dig, I should realise by now people can make genuine mistakes.

:(

studders":1ah93yhh said:
gus3049":1ah93yhh said:
studders":1ah93yhh said:

In what way?

Gawd. Not yours Gus, I meant Marks reply, which he has duly coughed up to. And I apologise for the 'Childish' dig, I should realise by now people can make genuine mistakes.

:(

Hmmm.

'uman beans huh! How easy it is to misunderstand each other.

I expect there is some hope.

All's well that ends well in this case :D

barkwindjammer":2vrir9a4 said:
Benchwayze":2vrir9a4 said:
BWJ,

I did understand most of what he was trying to say, (Although the street-language has altered a little since my day.) That doesn't mean I have to accept his excuses and his clumsy uneducated style.

John

He states at the beginning that he started to correct it grammaticaly-then gave up, and decided to use his 'own speek', if it had been honed I think it would have had less of an impact to the reader and less credibility. All the same it is (IMHO) powerfull stuff.

My point is if he gave up, why should I have to correct it, to even try to follow it?

My own father had these problems in the Aston of the early 20th Century. There were gangs and peer pressures then.
Maybe the situations were not so wild as we have just experienced, but he and his siblings managed to 'get out of it', and make a decent life for themselves. No fuss, no asking for help (Which didn't exist at all then) They just got on with it.

So please don't make excuses for this scum we are now clearing up after.

No more to be said by me.

what say you to the fact that the poorest 10th percentile are uneducated?

I know in some cases there are some extenuating circumstances.

Education is so goddamn important but when you are young you actually fail to realise it so its up the parents to encourage.

mark270981":1ec5xjfx said:

Education is so goddamn important but when you are young you actually fail to realise it so its up the parents to encourage.

Indeed but a big problem is that so many parents are themselves uneducated so just pass on their own world view as normal. As said before, the fact that this group tend to reproduce rather generously merely builds the problem into a bigger and more serious one.

It seems a shame that there seems to be no system designed to recognise the likelihood of this being the case and some extra effort put in. Back in the time that land forgot when I was a boy, the parents were interviewed with their child to assess their suitability for the school. I wonder if this still happens.

mark270981":ib93g4ij said:

Took a while reading this and deciphering :?

what say you to the fact that the poorest 10th percentile are uneducated? saith Marcus XXVIIIXLXXXI

Thats an olde way of speaking, they (the scum you speak of) are fashioned this way, as in olde chronos, the gentile were educated in Latin, to prevent the commoner gaining a move, indeed any move, sire.

Yeah, one demands money with menaces and 'tother menaces us with money!

Roy.

gus3049":2l4vimke said:

Indeed but a big problem is that so many parents are themselves uneducated so just pass on their own world view as normal. As said before, the fact that this group tend to reproduce rather generously merely builds the problem into a bigger and more serious one.

Sadly this is very true. The film 'Idiosyncracy' deals with this issue and a more profoundly depressing film I have yet to see.

The other thing that I find depressing is the double-standards offered by the liberal/left/anarchists/communists etc. They bang on about 'they (the rioters) have been hard done by, blah, blah, blah' and yet when asked to provide their own home addresses to experience at first hand a little bit of 'anarchy' they are remarkably reticent.

Double standards. Two-faced. Hypocrites. Words that spring to mind.

RogerS":u8ze4zja said:
gus3049":u8ze4zja said:

Sadly this is very true. The film 'Idiosyncracy' deals with this issue and a more profoundly depressing film I have yet to see.

The other thing that I find depressing is the double-standards offered by the liberal/left/anarchists/communists etc. They bang on about 'they (the rioters) have been hard done by, blah, blah, blah' and yet when asked to provide their own home addresses to experience at first hand a little bit of 'anarchy' they are remarkably reticent.

Double standards. Two-faced. Hypocrites. Words that spring to mind.

What a good idea :!:

If anyone on the forum who has sympathy with the rioters (no names no pack drill) cares to offer their home address, I am sure that there will be a good response along the lines of "If its OK with you, as we are feeling a bit hard done by at the moment, we just want to pop over, set your house on fire, steal all your worldly goods and whilst we are about it, rape your wife and daughters and maybe kill you"

One strongly suspects that when faced with this scenario there may be a slight change of heart. Unless they are the incredibly generous sort of course. "Yeah, no problem, go right ahead, I won't mind, I understand your point of view entirely, quite a normal response"

I choose to be sympathetic with pretty much anyone and everyone. My home fronts on to a public street just like any other.

Did you have a point?

I think Gordon's point is simple enough.
How can anyone sympathise with thugs and thieves? There is no excuse for what went on.
It happened because the perpetrators just decided to take what they wanted, and as no one initially stopped them, they decided it was open season.
They didn't care about being identified and later arrested, because there really was nothing to be afraid of; and look at the street cred they would have in the eyes of their 'peers'.

Jason, if those are the kind of people you sympathise/empathise with, than I feel sorry for you.

If it should ever come to pass that you needed my help because of these 'creatures', I would help you. I would even resist the urge to say I told you so. But the only part of your post I can empathise with, is the altruistic issue; that if everyone thought as you do, certainly we would be fine. Sadly, it isn't the case. Nor will it ever be so.

Back