Galootish goodness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
There's a good video by David Marks up on the US DIY Channel website, devoted to handtools and the sharpening thereof.

An enjoyable and informative way to pass a half-hour :)

Point your browser here

Great link Pete only watched a small part so far but it is now in my favorites

Merry Christmas :ho2

Nigel

The videos get rotated in and out on a weekly-ish basis, so I'm not sure how long the sharpening episode will be available. But it is worth checking regularly - although some of his furniture is a bit 'designer' for my tastes, it's always worth watching.

The shop-tour episode that's also up right now is also worth a watch, even if I was a tad disappointed that he went down the "table saw is the heart of the workshop" route :( . But he does use handtools a lot more than His Normness :D .

Thanks for the link Pete! I missed that episode when it aired back in October. I was looking for it since it seemed to be some of the inspiration for Alf's London Pattern handle adventure. Anybody notice that David hollow ground his Japanese chisels? I thought that was a no no from what I've read ( I don't own any japanese chisels myself).

Wendell

Wendell":14snoev9 said:
it seemed to be some of the inspiration for Alf's London Pattern handle adventure.

It's unlikely that Alf has been inspired by David Marks since his show has never (as far as I know) been shown in the UK. Which is a pity (I'll say no more than that for fear of provoking one of *those* threads about TV schedulers).

And I don't know that Alf needs much inspiration when it comes to generating tool handles :)

Well I wasn't inspired by the show as such, but I was by the accompanying pics on the website. Unfortunately I can't seem to get any of these things to work - I'll have to fire up the old Dell and have a go.

Cheers, Alf

Back