Funny dog names

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rafezetter

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
I've just been watching the Graham Norton show and one of the guests was talking about some people she knows who gave their dog a funny name.

Apparently this family have devout christians as neighbors they are friends with, and knew that at some point they would be going away and the neighbors would be looking after the dog, and that the dog also had a tendancy to bolt given a chance.

So knowing they would at some point be reduced to yelling the dogs name in the park (and remember these neighbors are devout christians) they named the dog...

"Repent"

I thought this was genius, any others of you have heard similar stories?

Brilliant, not quite the same, but we lived next door to devout Christians when I was growing up. They went to bible classes, their holidays were to church camps etc

One day, the neighbour asked my father why he chose to name his daughter "Elisabeth" as opposed to the normal spelling like their daughter, "Elizabeth"

My father's reply was very simply, "we went for the biblical spelling"

He was never as chatty to my dad after that!

Nick

Cats called Roger & Fifi, Feral cats called Claudia & Pippa and never let a 4 year old name a dog, it's the same as every other dog on the beach...Lola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A German Doberman called Coke, an American Doberman puppy called Tia Maria. A Newfoundland called Satan. An Old English Sheepdog called Socks.
A cat called Shadow, another called Bacardi and the current one called Sky.
Each one very aptly named :lol:

We fed a feral cat called Baby Craig for a few years, but our pet cat's called Sooty/Fluffy Munster/Little Git.

Also have a pet Dojo Loach called Ann.

Cat called Charley [Charles on Sundays] because he sounds like Kenny Everett. Also known as the furry cowpat.

Once had a bearded dragon called Nelson because he was one limb short of a set.

We went through a series of fish when my son was young, including Lazarus because he was no longer dead and Leviticus the Fishicus.

Ours was just named Eric as an unusual name for a cat.
Infirmity got him, I had to have him put down rather than suffer.
We had two cats Otis and Morpeth but had to have Morpeth put down, so we are just left with Count Otis Von Biffen-Burg the third

Facehugger Cat by Racers, on Flickr

Pete

Latest posts

Back