Full Face masks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcleod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this is this in the wrong place !

Because I do not have a dedicated workshop I use a shop vac / /cyclone to remove the majority of waste, however, there is still a fair bit of dust and for some activities my current facemask.glasses ear protectors just arent making the grade !

What are others experiences of using full face masks - thinking of something along the line of the 3M 6000 series, or similar.

I dont have the need for something powered, a al Trend Airshield as I am only an occasional / weekend woodworker.

Thoughts / views ??

Thanks

Kevin

I use a Jsp Maximask 2000 which appears to be very similar. It makes a good seal with my lumpy face and looking at a used filter reminds you why your wearing it.

monkeybiter":2arpms14 said:
Jsp Maximask 2000

Is there a full-face version of this? I have a half-face one, but I've been finding - since growing more beard - that it's letting air in around the sides of the seal and thus becoming more and more useless. I've been pondering a 3M 6000 for just this reason (although for the moment I'm just not doing much that produces fine dust, so I'm putting the purchase off...

The cost of a Trend Airshield is much lower than the cost of a new pair of lungs, if they are available.
Wouldn`t be without mine ( airshield that is).
F

I bought a Racal Airstream helmet respirator 25 years ago & wore it out. Now on my second one. Not cheap then & not cheap now they have been swallowed by 3M. However its a great piece of kit.
Tip ifanyone else has one with a dead battery, these are horrendously expensive at over £100, just split the case unsolder the 4 cells & get new nicads from Maplin & solder them up. Glue battery case back together & you are good to go. cost of new cells about £15.

Back