Fuel from Trash, is this for real?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goulss

Established Member
Reaction score
This looks interesting I wonder if anyone is actually doing it in the UK. Produce you own fuel for the car.

This is one of the most amazing break-through's in technology that I have seen!

I think we should all do what we can to save what we are destroying!

What is more important would be the marketing and make it at very low cost to make
it mandatory to have one of these in every home.

The video is in Japanese but the subtitles in English.

What a great discovery!

http://www.flixxy.com/convert-plastic-to-oil.htm

If this is real then indeed it is a great discovery,could larger versions be built? imagine every council waste disposal site doing this sort of recycling.Where can you get one of these machines ? how much lecky does it take to produce a litre of oil. Lots of questions and lots of possibilities.

an interesting idea and great for reducing landfill, but how much energy (electricity) does it take to heat the plastic? seeing as the electricity is generated by burning gas (oil?) i cant see it being economically viable??

Goulss":1n1njign said:
This looks interesting I wonder if anyone is actually doing it in the UK. Produce you own fuel for the car.

This is one of the most amazing break-through's in technology that I have seen!

I think we should all do what we can to save what we are destroying!

What is more important would be the marketing and make it at very low cost to make
it mandatory to have one of these in every home.

The video is in Japanese but the subtitles in English.

What a great discovery!

http://www.flixxy.com/convert-plastic-to-oil.htm

A quick google on fuel from waste plastic

gave lots of hits. You should find what you're looking for there.

At first glance, it appears to have been "just a year" away for a few years now. :cry:

BugBear

If it ever became the 'norm', then the UK government would simply slap a 'plastic' tax on everything and discover yet another way of fleecing the working man.

It's fairly standard chemistry - most plastics are derived from oil or gas, and provided you are not too fussy about the end product, they can be re-converted into shorter hydrocarbon chains by heating. It might not be a good idea to try and run your precious car on the output from a home-sized converter - goodness knows what hydrocarbon mixture you'd produce.
There hadn't been much incentive to use the process on an industrial scale, as landfill had been cheap and easy, but that is changing now, so expect to see a lot more full scale plant appearing in the near future. And the larger the scale, the more efficient the conversion is likely to be.

Back