FSUT Request

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
As I write this there have been more than 20 views to my latest Firday SketchUp Tips post and one response. The previous one is over 185 views and only 2 responders. This makes me wonder if these things have much value. Sure, those who've responded have said it's been good information and I'm happy for that. Still, is this stuff useful to most of the folks who read it? Maybe I should send it as PMs to those who ask for it?

So my request is this. If the information in my tip is useful, please let me know. If you have ideas for future tips, let me know that, too. I'm happy to cover what you folks need but I have to know what that is.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave

As a more recent lurker on the FSUT threads I have to say that I've found all the "back issues" of immense interest - my only problem is that my level of SU usage and ability lag way behind yours, so I'm tending to hit a "snag" and then go off to find one of your posts, hence my 'non comments' - because its frequently some way down the line before I use them

Hope you can keep them coming, Dave, some of us really do appreciate it....

Scrit

Hi Dave.

I think what you are doing with FSUT is great. I pay regular visits to "Design" hoping to see something to do with SU. Sad? maybe, but I like SU, and what you are doing.

Keep it up Dave.

Keep em coming Dave, I am an avid reader of them too. I am sowly getting the hang of SU and use it for all of my designs. You are an inspiration to me and I am sure to most of the members on here. Thanks.

Dave,

I for one find them very useful. Like most here my Sketchup ability is just a few thousand years behind yours and your help/advice is much appreciated.

I'm sure lots of people appreciate them and I for one apologise if my lack of response left you thinking your efforts have gone unnoticed.

Cheers
Mike

Dave, I'm in the same boat as Scrit - I come to stuff a while down the line, but it is very, very much appreciated. =D>

Cheers, Alf

I love sketchuo but just dont have enough time to play with it as much as id like. Hopefully with the workshop on its way to being built I will get some proper woodworking time over the coming year (meaning more need for design).

That said I do read your threads with great intrest and thank you very much for being on hand as resident SU Genius.

Cheers mate

Dave
I consider myself to be reasonably competent at SU, yet I always learn something new, or am reminded of something I'd forgotten, when you post your Tips.

<david_soul>
Don't give up on us, baby
</david_soul>

I'm the same, they are extremely welcome.

I read them each time but then use them as a resource I can come back to when I'm using SU.

Colin

I am completely rubbish with SU and i don't really get the time to sit down and work it out as its quicker to just draw it by hand and then i know where im going . BUT I do intend to work SU out and your tips will be the first thing ill be looking for so please keep posting them or some time in the future your mailbox will be full of PM's from me :D

Wash that mans mouth out with soap :whistle:
Dave
Your tips help all that use it but like Scrit and Alf, I am far behind you and have to do a lot of chatching up :), but it ( sketchup and you ) helped me with the job I have just finished ( two built-ins ) as the drawing that I got could not be used to make it from :wink: .

So we will be seeing WIP pics on the projects forum soon then :D

Dave

Same as scrit and alf, using sketchup but miles behind you. Busy at the moment and waiting for (not really :? :? ) the winter nights when there is more time.

Keep up the good work, I think you will get a bigger response with the winter months.

Les

JFC":3963bnlr said:
So we will be seeing WIP pics on the projects forum soon then :D

Hi JFC
If that was for me , sorry no WIP pics :( but I will post some when I am fitting it :)

Ps Thanks to you and Scrit, I managed to spray it with my Earlex (This ), remembering what had been said in your tread :D

Dave,

I'm new to SU and this forum but I am extremely encouraged by wise old owls like yourself willing to impart your hard earned knowledge. Thankyou. SU is amazing and I find the prospect of using it to design all my woodwork projects on it exciting. I still need to plane quite a bit off my learning curve, your tutorials help a lot. If you're open to suggestions I would like to see a kind of beginners "step by step" tutorial. The workbench file you kindly sent me in an earlier thread helped me a lot. By studying it I discovered making everything a component and putting them on different layers etc but a step by step tutorial showing how you drew something and the order you drew it in would be a great exercise for beginners like me. Almost a template for a woodwork project. By the way could it include using bezier curves to draw a cutout in a rail ?

Once again many thanks
John McM

Thank you all for the nice remarks. I really appreciate them.

John, I would be happy to work up a sort of beginner's tutorial. I just need an suggestion of what to draw. I'm sure adding a Bezier curve wouldn't be any trouble.

yes, Dave please keep the tutorials going ...
i find them immmensly helpful, but along with several others my ability is unfortunately years behind my imagination, and time isnt always available for me to play with SU as much as I would like.

I, for one would like to thankyou for the time and effort you put into these tutorials, they are very informative and easy reading and always seem to make more sense than a few of the "actual" tutorials from SU themselves.

So, please keep them up, we all do , im sure appreciate the time and effort you spend on them , even if we dont always acknowledge it...

Three Cheers for Dave Hip Hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!! :D

Dave,

For the beginners step by step learning exercise can I suggest a piece of case furniture as it would capture most techniques. A small chest of drawers, lowboy or some such thing. I would like it to cover drawer frames, runners, drawers etc maybe even a small door. Many tyhanks

John McM

Latest posts

Back