Fruit knife....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Managed to miss this thread originally, sorry !

The finished knives look very nice. Hopefully the blades fold into the handle, without any safety catches or anything to fall foul of the rules and regs ?

Cheers, Paul

paulm":1371z129 said:

The finished knives look very nice. Hopefully the blades fold into the handle, without any safety catches or anything to fall foul of the rules and regs ?

Cheers, Paul
Hi Paul

The blade unscrews and inverts into the tube so is completely safe.

See next post as well.

To those interested in these knife kits.

I was so impressed with the finished article I sent an order in for twenty kits to Craft Supplies USA on Tuesday, they arrived today. The landed price is £6.90 each all inclusive. I want to make a few, so will keep four, but if anyone is interested in them, I am willing to sell them at cost price plus £1.20 for post up to 4 kits and £2.36 for 5+

These are quality kits, they come with full instructions as well. Drill used is 31/64", 0.588" bushing, but a calliper could well be used. Like Nick, also managed to stab my finger playing with the parts. Fortunately the blade is like a sword stick and is kept threaded in the tube when not in use.

I would like first shout to go to those who have expressed an interest in this thread first, NickWelford , Woodmonkey, Grahamshed, Nev?, so will wait till Saturday to see if there is any interest, so if these float your boat drop me a PM.

Kit laid out
IMG_0635.jpg

Blade inverted with thread protector on end
IMG_0638.jpg

Phil

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 804
Sheptonphil":3vdpmfpt said:
I would like first shout to go to those who have expressed an interest in this thread first, NickWelford , Woodmonkey, Grahamshed, Nev?, so will wait till Saturday to see if there is any interest, so if these float your boat drop me a PM.
Phil
Many thanks for the thought Phil but on this occasion I will give it a miss. It would be ages before I got around to using them.

Hi Sheptonphil..... many thanks for the comments re the kits =D> and thank you for the PM.

As i recently bought a whole load of (cut price) kits from TR at the moment i'll pass on your offer. But if i get interest in the near future i'll ask and see if there's any left, but thanks anyway :D

Cant wait to see the finished efforts of those that have bought kits from you tho.......

Nick

Sheptonphil":2k8w3klk said:
paulm":2k8w3klk said:

Cheers, Paul
Hi Paul

The blade unscrews and inverts into the tube so is completely safe.

See next post as well.

I think you'll find that technically these would be classed as fixed blade knifes and therefore would need a good reason to be carried on your person in public at the specific time that you had it with you.

Fine to use at home but you could in theory get into trouble if out and about with it and challenged by a policeman or reported by someone.

More detail on the usual questions around the general topic here if anyone wants to look more closely http://www.britishblades.com/forums/sho ... he-Law-FAQ

Cheers, Paul

Back