Freeshare.US ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TEP

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like any of us using Freeshare.US for our pic. hosting are in for a bumpy ride just now. Also I wonder what may happen if the site is sold?

What other sites are you folks using to host photos? I think I should be considering of moving on, don't you?

Just a bit of a pain with all my pics. hosted on the above at the moment. :cry:

I use photobucket - it's free,and easy enough for me to work it :wink:

Thought I had a lot of pictures on there,then checked my account stats to find I was using 2% of the allowance,so must be able to store lots on it.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, just started moving some of my pics. onto Photobucket. Will take a bit of time but will slowly move all my others to the same.

I just got back on here a day or so ago to finf freeshare gone. I have got a photobucket account and tired it out and used the 'forum' ciose, but they still come out very big on here .... I'm not technical ... so don't confuse my tiny brain, but is there anything I need to do to scale it down

Example
DSCF0150.jpg

Tam if you purchase the pro version of photobucket you can use the 'Beta system' for fast uploading, not sure how it works but it did when I was shown it by a friend.

Dom

Thanks Dom, I have already opened a 'free' Photobucket account and moved most of my pics. over. First impressions it seems to be a lot more professional than Freeshare was, but will see how it goes. Most reports I've had about PB are pretty good.

Mornin' Mrs S. If you want to put 'thumbnails' on your posts when in Photobucket I have been doing it this way.

Once you have uploaded your pics. to Photobucket, put a click in the small box beneath the photo you wish to insert in your post. Scroll down the page and you will see 3 choices, click on [Generate HTML and IMG code].

You now have 5 choices, for the thumbnail left click on the 3rd one down (IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended), this copies the code to your clipboard.

Go back to your post, right click, and paste, you have now inserted the thumbnail code. Click Preview to check before posting. You should now have a small pic. which when clicked on should bring down the big photo.

Good luck!

It's a long job Paul. If you want to do it you need the original pics. on your computer. Upload them to your new host site. Then you need to go over all your old posts, go into edit, delete the old code from "Freeshare,US" and put in the new code from your new host site, then preview/submit as normal.

Just finished all mine yesterday. :lol:

You've still got yours to do. :twisted:

Thanks Tam.
Just made a start :roll: but notice that all my piccys are showing at the bottom of the PB page after they have been uploaded.
Is this correct.Do they stay there. :?:
Paul.J.

If they are showing at the bottom of the page they are OK.

What I did was make some extra directories under my main one, and I distribute my pics around those so I know where they are when wanted. Also if you upload a lot of pics. it makes it easier to handle them in the future.

Back