Free and cheap books

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kenny

Excellent source of books and I can vouch for at least one...

9780806963983.jpg

I picked this book up at the bootfair this weekend for the princely sum of 50p and although it is from the 70s/80s it is superb...easily worth £13 of anybody's money.

I am still astounded by the depth of content...an amazing book indeed...get one if you own a bandsaw...you will not be disappointed!

For me...I'm still trying to find this gem for less than the extortionate price they are charging on the Net...

51N7DZR6WRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jim

jimi43":39m87p9x said:
For me...I'm still trying to find this gem for less than the extortionate price they are charging on the Net...

35 quid new? Given the quantity and depth of the information therein, in any other technical subject they'd have put a 1 on the front of that figure. Bargain at the price, quite honestly. Bet a search on Bookfinder will rustle up a cheaper 2nd hand copy though.

Alf":2h694946 said:
jimi43":2h694946 said:

35 quid new? Given the quantity and depth of the information therein, in any other technical subject they'd have put a 1 on the front of that figure. Bargain at the price, quite honestly. Bet a search on Bookfinder will rustle up a cheaper 2nd hand copy though.

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Searc ... dictionary

There's one for around £20 delivered - used admittedly.

Another good place to look for books is http://www.book-cycle.org/ - they have a few branches dotted around the country. It's all donation-ware, so you pay what you feel is appropriate.

The branch down here in Exeter (near the house that moved) is very good - although as I haven't been in there for a while I can't say if they have many woodworking books at the moment.

Cheers,

Charlie

Back