Framing kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CS Bespoke Furniture

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

What would people recommend for a picture framing kit. I've tried the cheap £15 charwood one and really don't like it very much(was a present). I've seen the more expensive charwood one(pk04?) but I'm not sure about it as I don't like the cheap one. Don't really want to spend much more than £70.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Chris

Have you got many frames to make ? Do you have a pillar drill ?

Coley

Are you looking to make more than one a day ? Only reason I ask,is I tend to leave a band clamp on whilst pushing a v nail in using a pillar drill. I've never been brave enough to remove the band clamp when the glues still wet (even though it's v nailed) If you want to do bulk production someone else might have a more efficient method. This works, just I limit it to one a day for my own frames.
I've actually got a couple I need to make for my niece.

Coley

Probably wouldn't be doing near that much. But I do have a mortice machine that I could probably use. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

ee0ec898b65e4b85047c0c49aac64974.jpg

I use a thing like this (pushmaster) mounted in a pillar drill. It makes pushing the nails in easy peasy cause it forces it in nice and square. I'm not sure how you'd adapt a morticer to do it, although if you could I'm sure the pushing action would be superb. Have fun ;)

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back