Fox F36-524 Assembly Help Request

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody here can help me with a problem I'm having assembling my new Fox F36-524 table saw.

As any owner will know, the instructions are possibly the least helpful ever written. I've managed most of the assembly but am totally stumped by the fence on the sliding carriage.

Has anybody, got any pictures or can you give me any ideas on how the sliding carriage fence is attached? I'm totally stumped. I've got the long (aluminium) piece attached & the cast iron sliding table in place. Now, it's what goes on top of that.

Can anybody help me here please? Thanks very much.

Richard

Richard,

Not having seen this table saw in the flesh so to speak I am not 100% sure, but if the picture is anything to go by it looks like it attaches to or fits in the slot on the sliding table.

http://www.dbkeighley.co.uk/masters/fox_f36-524.htm

Not much help I know but I am sure someone who has the saw will be along shortly.

When you do get it up and running have fun with your new toy. :D

Edit: It seems mr bingley has the same model, so I am sure he will be able to help you.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 168828a348

Cheers

Mike

Richard,

I have one of these and found the instructions as bad as you obviously have done. In the end I contacted the importer and even they didn't really know. I figured it out in the end but personally if I'd been in the UK I'd have sent it back. I'll take some pics and post them here later. If you need any other help send me a PM. Finally, once you have it all put together, use the method described by Scrit for checking that everything is square. You will need to make sure that the blade is parallel to the rip fence first before moving onto the sliding table. As there is no adjustment in the rip fence you have to move the blade position which entails moving the whole motor.

Until later,

Steve

In trying to sort the assembly out I ended up copying the set up on the Kity as the Fox is clone of the 419 (I think). This isn't to say that you can't do it another way.

2876760871273466f009fd9556b8a60af182932d1130d2fdbe8c018b.jpg

As you can see I have set the sliding table up so that the fence is pushing the stock which I think is better than the way shown in 'manual'

52576490c3e17922dcc3addc5aee404a2156c011699fe9b8f39146b9.jpg

The fence is attached to the sliding table using the two (identical) aluminium blocks. You have to slide a couple of nuts up the front chanel of the fence and the use the hand crews to attache the blocks to the fence. The left hand block is held to the table using the stud that is welded to a bit of flat bar that runs in the T slot. This is clamped in place using the plastic locking handle. The right hand block is held in place by inserting the hold down through the block and securing it with one of the grub screws. Don't tighten it too much as the hold down has to rotate a bit.

5367206667e7c9a686d3ec5fe04d4cccd41a7bbed91d8a94ddc78d52.jpg

In teh left hand corner there is a large dia hole. This takes the angle stop (for want of a better word) this is the round bar with an offset hole in it. It is held in place with the second grub screw and needs to be slightly below the table surface as the pin has a circlip on it which needs to clear the fence.

27104258a5ad2534defc7881389a3cda8848d918583acf3d274f12b3.jpg

One problem I had on mine was that the scale had been stuck on back to front and so didn't line up with anything - worth checking on yours. On mine it was just a simple matter of un-peeling it rotating it 180 deg and sticking it back. You might be able to see in the photo that I scribed a couple of lines on the sliding table for 45 deg although generally use the sliding table for 90 deg cuts.

02874947197855260ff0501ed0c4930ddba1558c6e83ba81ca7e3273.jpg

There is an end stop which is held in place by a bolt inserted into the top of the fence and held down with the second plastic locking handle. On mine the stop can be rotated to either side of the fence as the nyloc nut isn't done up too tight.

I hope this helps in setting up the sliding table. A couple of other tips - the scale on the front bar on mine wasn't in the right place - like the angle scale. Just peel it off and reposition. I also had to modify the locking handle on the rip fence as the stud was proud and so marked the front bar - worth checking. I also cut a bit off the top of the riving knife so that the top is just below the top of the blade. This means that you only have to take off the guard to do slots. One job I've still got to do is make up a new riving knife as the new blade I bought from Axminster has a thinner kerf - something to think about too if you change the blade.

Once set up however it seems to do the job well enough - as you can see from the saw dust mine does get used!

Let us know how you get on,

Steve

Steve

That is absolutely fantastic & exactly what I'm needing - thanks very much. Looking at that, I don't think I'd have ever worked it out by myself.

Guess what I'll be doing when I get home from work tonight.

Richard

first post on here so here goes :D
hi when i put my fox saw together i used the instructions for the record rspt260 it is the same saw made in the same factory- just the instructions for the record are better.
go on their site and they will email them to you.
they also help with spares too...
hope this helps

Back