Fox/Delta F36-529

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peebsa24

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some direct experience on this saw please? I have seen threads that say that they would not advise it no-one seems to say "why", what is wrong with it?
The TendoTools (Belgium) TT1250 Pull & travel saw is exactly the same saw so if anyone has experience of that it would also help. I also hear that Record have the same saw with "small" mods - so again, does anyone have anything on that saw?
I want to buy a new saw as i have just sold my Kity combi 2000. The saw was Ok but a bit underpowered.
Thanks for any help that you can give.
Best regards,
Peebs24
France

I have owned the Fox version of this saw for about a year now and it's been a bit of a mixed bag. I find that the sliding carriage is a nightmare to set up for repeatability, you seem to get it spot on 90 or 45 degrees, make a cut, and then make a cut again to find something has shifted or changed. I've had no issues with the saw's power, it'll get through anything you throw at it, fence is rock solid and always stays square and tables are flat etc. I found no real benefit to having the pull action on the saw it means that making a zero clearance insert is very difficult. The capacitor went at about 10 months, this wasn't hard to fix but i ended up waiting over 2 months for Fox to send a replacement. For the money i paid (£700) i don't fell overly let down and it has served me well on recent projects but if i was getting a new saw i would put in an extra £300 and get a Jet or an xcaliber

Many thanks for your input. That is exactly what I wanted to here - specifics! I think that i will take another look around.
Best regards,
Peebs24
France

Back