Found furniture fiend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raescruff

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just reflecting that this is the is the first forum I've ever joined! You all seem very engaged and helpful and I hope I can be too.
I'm always finding odd bits of furniture and wood and repurposing, cobbling together, 'fixing' marveling at the workmanship that has gone into pieces people don't seem to appreciate anymore, wishing I had a fraction of the skill that went into them... And possibly the time! It's definitely a hobby that gets squeezed into the crumbs of hours and the offcuts of space, but ever hopeful of its share increasing!
Thanks and see you on the inside... 👋🙂

Hi, that's all I can afford to do, currently I'm using the wood from an old wardrobe to make a bookcase. It was a poorly re-varnished one, presumably "upcycled" then when I started on it I realised that under the horrid finish it is tulipwood, so changed my plans as I was going to stain the bookcase really dark to match a cabinet I have, but it looks so bright and cheerful it's going to be a clear finish.
I recently made a nice little cabinet from a long IKEA(!,) TV cabinet, that was a solid softwood one and IKEA used coloured finish not stain so I could strip it back to clean wood easily.
See you around.

Hi, that's all I can afford to do, currently I'm using the wood from an old wardrobe to make a bookcase. It was a poorly re-varnished one, presumably "upcycled" then when I started on it I realised that under the horrid finish it is tulipwood, so changed my plans as I was going to stain the bookcase really dark to match a cabinet I have, but it looks so bright and cheerful it's going to be a clear finish.
I recently made a nice little cabinet from a long IKEA(!,) TV cabinet, that was a solid softwood one and IKEA used coloured finish not stain so I could strip it back to clean wood easily.
See you around.
Sounds like a great find! I love uncovering a gem! Thanks

Latest posts

Back