• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Forging equipment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grantx

Established Member
Reaction score
3 forges that were used in a school.
£230 for all 3.
Collected.

Attachments

• IMG_20231103_125422.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125422.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231103_125426.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125426.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231103_125440.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125440.jpg
  • IMG_20231103_125505.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125505.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231103_125509.jpg
    IMG_20231103_125509.jpg
Oh I'd soooo love a forge! But I don't need 3! 😄
Are they the type you can make knives with? Had a forging experience day for my birthday a while back and it was AWESOME!!

if you're willing to split them I'd be interested in the tilting crucible furnace, last picture.

Just so everyone knows what they’re looking at, there are 2 x brazing hearths (for heating / brazing with a torch), 1 x chip forge (good for knife making) and 1 x crucible furnace for casting. Looks like a moulding bench too.

Just so everyone knows what they’re looking at, there are 2 x brazing hearths (for heating / brazing with a torch), 1 x chip forge (good for knife making) and 1 x crucible furnace for casting. Looks like a moulding bench too.
Thanks for the info. I have no idea what the equipment is. I'm happy to sell individual pieces.

Gents, thanks for the interest. I apologise but I don't know what the knife forge is or the crucible etc.. A user messaged me privately to give me some info which I feel obliged to share with you:

--start message
The gas supply can be natural gas - plumbed in like with gas cookers and central heating - or propane from a cylinder.
Each forge or hearth is setup to use one or the other type of gas. It's not universal.
They can be converted from one to the other by Flamefast who are an active company, but this will cost £100+ so your buyers will need to know which type of gas each unit needs.

Look at the gas hose / inlet on the back of each. They may be labelled or the colour and type of the hose / fittings may give a vital clue.
--end message

I am at work again on Wednesday and can take these pics and share them here. Otherwise of you are OK with taking the items without knowing the gas type then please do let me know.

Would you consider posting the aluminium flask to
KY11 1DU a bit far for me to travel
Gladly pay the postage

Ive just had a look on Axminster and gear that looks almost exactly the same as what I am selling can be found at this link:
https://www.axminstertools.com/activities/metal-working/forges-furnacesThat little crucible furnace goes for £3400!!

For each individual piece (3 forges and 1 furnace ) the price will be £150 each + delivery.
If you want the whole lot in one go then the original price of £230 still stands.

Certainly a good deal your posting
But really just after the two part aluminium casting flask
As I already have a Devil Forge

Would you mind getting a price for delivery for the crucible furnace please? To Halifax, Yorkshire. You’d have to ask the courier but I guess it might not need palletising as forks would go right under the sand tray.

Back