• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Forget the fuel panic I had one of my own this morning!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Had been at the workshop for about ten minutes when my landlord stuck his head round the door and said in his best Norfolk accent " A ya gut a leak in yur wood shed boy? followed by "Thu's wata runnin outa ut"

In a panic and with visions of ruined timber made a beeline for the store expecting to see the worst - but on entry no water anywhere but a very strong small of oil - yes oil - EP90 gear oil to be precise.

Earlier in the week I serviced my land rover and moved a nearly full 25 gallon drum of the oil and having syphoned some oil off put it back - the bottom of the barrel has corroded and last night it dumped its contents on the floor - running down the outside of the wall into the adjoining building missing my timber #-o #-o

Anyway - a large bag of sawdust from the extractor later and its all covered - thought i would leave it for a day or two before scraping up the contaminated saw dust.

What I cannot understand is how my land lord thought it was water it bloomin stinks!

Hitch

Established Member
Reaction score
The worst leak i had was from a 20litre bag in box of proper nice cider.
Opened the garage door to be greeted by the gorgeous smell of cider.... then a big puddle of it on the floor.
And damp marks a couple of inches up a few bits of hardwood.

Most upset about the cider though :((

No skills

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh pipper!
Had several leaks indoors over the years, most fishtank related :roll: one big one in a friends house, but thats another story...

Biggest leak in a work place was a whole pallet of 20 litre white emulsion tubs being blown off the forklift one night :shock: stressfull at the time but funny to see a slow white stodgy river of doom creeping across the yard and down the road...

No skills

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh and I know what you mean about the cider smell, we sometimes have containers come in with the wine bags/liners still in them ready for removal - a couple of hundred liters of wine all over the yard makes the place smell great for a while... =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I dropped a 1ltr bottle of single malt whiskey on my stone kitchen floor :(

Have you ever seen a grown man cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mopped it up with 2 bath towels and in the washing machine

Good bye #-o #-o

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Allen you'd better bring you wellies tomorrow as the bog is the wrong side of the oil leak !

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
I will have my own BOG :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
cambournepete":1ogqvr3r said:
Now this is what you call a leak!

wow some flood, thanks for that pete.

roger if any of your timber does get damaged send it hear and i will towel it dry :lol:

adidat

Cowboy _Builder

Established Member
Reaction score
cambournepete":3sj6e49d said:
Now this is what you call a leak!
I can remember learning about this incident at school in the 60's ,we had to write an essay about it and in summing up i put "they all came to a sticky end " i got lines and had to write out 500 times " i must not be flippant in my essays ".

hunggaur

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife turned on the dish washer with the door left open just after i had fitted the kitchen door fronts it had taken me 6 months to make. as flooded the kitchen not a happy little bunny

Latest posts