Forget the fuel panic I had one of my own this morning!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Had been at the workshop for about ten minutes when my landlord stuck his head round the door and said in his best Norfolk accent " A ya gut a leak in yur wood shed boy? followed by "Thu's wata runnin outa ut"

In a panic and with visions of ruined timber made a beeline for the store expecting to see the worst - but on entry no water anywhere but a very strong small of oil - yes oil - EP90 gear oil to be precise.

Earlier in the week I serviced my land rover and moved a nearly full 25 gallon drum of the oil and having syphoned some oil off put it back - the bottom of the barrel has corroded and last night it dumped its contents on the floor - running down the outside of the wall into the adjoining building missing my timber #-o #-o

Anyway - a large bag of sawdust from the extractor later and its all covered - thought i would leave it for a day or two before scraping up the contaminated saw dust.

What I cannot understand is how my land lord thought it was water it bloomin stinks!

The worst leak i had was from a 20litre bag in box of proper nice cider.
Opened the garage door to be greeted by the gorgeous smell of cider.... then a big puddle of it on the floor.
And damp marks a couple of inches up a few bits of hardwood.

Most upset about the cider though :((

Oh pipper!
Had several leaks indoors over the years, most fishtank related :roll: one big one in a friends house, but thats another story...

Biggest leak in a work place was a whole pallet of 20 litre white emulsion tubs being blown off the forklift one night :shock: stressfull at the time but funny to see a slow white stodgy river of doom creeping across the yard and down the road...

Oh and I know what you mean about the cider smell, we sometimes have containers come in with the wine bags/liners still in them ready for removal - a couple of hundred liters of wine all over the yard makes the place smell great for a while... =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Last week I dropped a 1ltr bottle of single malt whiskey on my stone kitchen floor :(

Have you ever seen a grown man cry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

mopped it up with 2 bath towels and in the washing machine

Good bye #-o #-o

Well Allen you'd better bring you wellies tomorrow as the bog is the wrong side of the oil leak !

cambournepete":1ogqvr3r said:
Now this is what you call a leak!

wow some flood, thanks for that pete.

roger if any of your timber does get damaged send it hear and i will towel it dry :lol:

adidat

cambournepete":3sj6e49d said:
Now this is what you call a leak!
I can remember learning about this incident at school in the 60's ,we had to write an essay about it and in summing up i put "they all came to a sticky end " i got lines and had to write out 500 times " i must not be flippant in my essays ".

My wife turned on the dish washer with the door left open just after i had fitted the kitchen door fronts it had taken me 6 months to make. as flooded the kitchen not a happy little bunny

Back