For those with NYW withdrawal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilc

Established Member
Reaction score
I just came across this website. There seems to be 240 episodes online there, so that must be most of them. I just watched the first couple of minutes of one program to see if it worked. When you press play on an episode a window appears in Chinese, click that and the episode starts playing in a new window.
This should keep the :norm: fans happy for a while. Sorry if its been posted before.
Neil

I've not come across this site before either Neil, Thanks for posting it.

Do you know how you can see the rest of the search result I can only see 1 to 10 of 240 and no way to advance to the next 10 and so on??

Cheers

Bob

I think you better watch them fast, that site wont be there forever

9fingers":2dluzbzi said:
Do you know how you can see the rest of the search result I can only see 1 to 10 of 240 and no way to advance to the next 10 and so on??

On the bottom right of the first section there's a link "see all videos". That should do it for you.
Neil

PS just noticed on the link I posted you need to hit search again to bring up all the episodes.

neilc":xooubr43 said:
9fingers":xooubr43 said:

On the bottom right of the first section there's a link "see all videos". That should do it for you.
Neil

PS just noticed on the link I posted you need to hit search again to bring up all the episodes.

Does that work for you Neil? When i hit 'see all videos' it takes me back to the search screen. I've tried it on two different browsers.

Cheers

Bob

9fingers":2uecuuw0 said:
neilc":2uecuuw0 said:
9fingers":2uecuuw0 said:

Neil

Does that work for you Neil? When i hit 'see all videos' it takes me back to the search screen. I've tried it on two different browsers.

Cheers
Bob

Yeah that works for me. Once you hit see all videos you should then get a new page this time with page numbers. I'm using safari by the way.
Neil

Cheers Neil,

it seems that works on all but the uppermost selection where the button fails to pick up a tag.

All other sections work fine. Thanks

Bob

Well , that's uncanny , just as I asked if downloads were possible from U Tube , one click on Neilc's 'here' and there I was , watchin Norm . That's one of the four that Ivate mentioned on Sky + . However if they're all like that one'l do for now . Cheers !

Neil - damn your eyes man.................we haven't had Sky for nigh on 2 years.......and now you subject me to this, just when I was getting over the loss of Norm. :wink:

Thanks fella, BTW :D :D

Mark

Thanks. just watched my first Norm show "Dowager's Chest". I can see why everybody likes him, nice easy going style, and not too much shown of the machining, just enough to see whats happening. I did notice that when he belt sanded the dovetail joints the sander was the wrong way around, it should have been pointing away and not towards the centre of the chest.

I was hoping some of the really old ones would be on there but it's just the same old 4 or 5 series from recent years.

wizer":23mo2vs2 said:
I was hoping some of the really old ones would be on there but it's just the same old 4 or 5 series from recent years.

Check again Tom, there are shows there that I don't think have even been shown in UK.

Bob

John McM":2m2gurn6 said:
Neil, how on earth did you find this?
Cheers

Well havin' seen in another thread that season 21 is just repeats with new intros I decided to investigate at my usual source of Norm news and found this article. :D

Neil

Indeed, Series 21 is another chance to see 26 classic episodes.

The first of these (Planters Desk) was transmitted on PBS yesterday.

I've been keeping an eye on the NYW website and also the NYW webcam that operates while Norm is doing the shows. In previous years this has amounted to well over 20 days of activity whereas for the current season the whole shoot seems to have been done in a single day.

So now all we need is to have all of the Norm episodes shown again including the last four series that have not yet been screened here.

Some time ago I joined the Discovery forum andwas aked if i would answer questionnaires about their programming. The most recent questionnaire was asking about Discovery's suggestion of setting up a 'practical' channel - hopefully along the lines of a DIY type channel but I expect a predominance of make-overs. I wonder if anything will come of it!

Misterfish

Cheers Neil
This is like finding the Holy Grail to me! :D I subscribed to Sky on the basis of having seen a couple of shows at friends but soon realized they only ever had a couple of shows! :x .
Can these be saved on the computer? Wizer has me a little worried that they will soon dissapear.
:D :D

Well, they seem to have disappeared for me already!! I just get a page saying 'No results'

Of all the luck!!

Neil

Back