For sale/ Wanted section

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipfootball

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, posting this here as I wasn't sure where else to put it (sorry if wrong). It's regarding the section for items for sale /wanted. I wanted to post as I am wanting a bandsaw but cannot as I need 20 postings and only have 11. Seems a bit strange especially for someone like me who wants to get into bandsawing and needs one. :?

New rules dude, but you're almost there, if you haven't any wordwork specific contributions, go to the general/off topic section, and have a rant about fuel cost etc :)

Cheers, could go on all day about fuel costs, it's as bad as drink prices. If you ever get pulled over and asked if you've been drinking say to them " do I look like I can afford drink and fuel?"

The reason for the introduction of the 20 post rule was due to the huge influx of individuals joining the forum to purely post items for sale then dissappearing into the ether without having added any real value to the forum but used it for their personal financial gain.

Dodge":3bkpe1ee said:
The reason for the introduction of the 20 post rule was due to the huge influx of individuals joining the forum to purely post items for sale then dissappearing into the ether without having added any real value to the forum but used it for their personal financial gain.

But what about the gain of the member buying said items? Regular visitors could potentially be missing out on something.

Just a thought

Yes, but where members are posting items for sale there is an element of trust in regular members - would you be happy to send funds to an individual on their first post in the hope that items are dispatched to you??

UKW is not a commercial sales site, the For Sale/Wanted section is for forum members only

Thers's an arguement for both sides there but I'm inclined to agree with Dodge. Why bother in first place?

i completely agree with dodge.
i responded to a new member in the for sale section - they never responded to me.
the next post said the item had been sold - they never posted anything else.
it is for the use of members and i would feel much more confident sending money to regular members.
cheers
paul-c

paul-c":rhv9wdzg said:
i completely agree with dodge.
i responded to a new member in the for sale section - they never responded to me.
the next post said the item had been sold - they never posted anything else.
it is for the use of members and i would feel much more confident sending money to regular members.
cheers
paul-c

Had the same experience myself , with a guy selling some circular saw blades. Sent him a PM, he sent back some info, then I sent back which blades I wanted. Then NOTHING. Even after several PM's. so now after messing about for a couple of weeks I have purchased new. Now this has set the job back in time and caused me a lot of faffing about and p*ssed me off a fair bit. :evil:

What I have noticed also (may be just me) is that when someone such as myself is after a particular thing others seem to jump in to get there first.

Latest posts

Back