For Sale - sliding table for SIP/Axminster etc.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Sliding Table/carriage assembly for Axminster table saw. This is the same table as the SIP offering so will fit either.

It is brand new, cast iron and steel, very nicely made, VERY heavy and for sale to anyone with an SIP or similar tablesaw.
It is very substantial and the mitre guide on it is over a metre long and has an extending inner section!! (nicked from Tony's post :wink: )

Also is the rear extension table for the above.

Both items still in protective covers etc and never used.

Collection only from Swindon Please

Any interest, please pm

Don't want to rain on your parade Andy, but the Axminster sliding table is NOT the same as the SIP.

I bought the Axminster version from Tony on the assumption that it would just bolt onto my SIP. However the mountings are different. The SIP sliding table fixes to the underside of the saw table, whereas the Axminster fixes to the cabinet legs.

It wasn't a great problem for me as I have welded up some brackets to enable it to fix into the threaded holes in the underside of the table.

Please be aware that if you buy this sliding table for the SIP you will need to make some of these brackets.

Sorry Andy. 8-[

could have made this point out AFTER i sold it :roll:

Couldn't you just drill and tap the legs to suit the framing for the sliding carriage or simple just place a nut on the inner side, as this is all the axminster version has.

Thanks for pointing these things out.

LyNx":16g5ek3l said:
Couldn't you just drill and tap the legs to suit the framing for the sliding carriage or simple just place a nut on the inner side, as this is all the axminster version has.

The SIP doesn't have 'legs' like the Axminster. The cabinet is basically four sides with no legs. I belive the Axminster also has steel bars behind the legs to reinforce them when the sliding table is attached.

Sorry again Andy...

Simon, looking over your workshop photos. Is this how you have the saw set-up for the sliding carriage?

To use the carriage, you need both extensions to the right hand side? This allows the brackets to bolt onto the legs of the table. I've also been told that there is nuts ready to take the bolts for the sliding carriage already. My not be on the correct side on yours, i'm not sure :?

Can anyone with the SIP model confirm these points.

No, I haven't quite finished the brackets yet, so the left extension is still on the er.. left.

Take a look at the manual for the SIP sliding carriage here

In this photo, you can see the lack of legs. The sliding carriage would have to bolt onto the removable side panel. This is only held on by 6 lug screws. It would certinatly not be strong enough to support the sliding table.

Table-Saw.jpg

I don't want to put any SIP owners off buying this. It is a relatively simple task to produce some brackets if you have your own kit. If you don't I'm sure it would be easy to get an engineering firm to knock you some up.

At around £300, the SIP sliding carriage is ridiculousley overpriced. So assuming Andy is selling cheaper than that, it may be a good way to get a sliding table without paying through the nose.

Must say that the Axminster sliding table is an exceptional piece of kit and as Simon said, brackets to mount it to the SIP are very easily fabricated
and fitted.

I'm surprised no one has snapped this up

Only down side is the size, one needs about a metre of space to the side of the saw which is why I sold mine after much agonising

So assuming Andy is selling cheaper than that, it may be a good way to get a sliding table without paying through the nose

Around about half of that for the sliding table and a 6th of that for the rear extension :wink:

Back