For sale - kity 419 plus 2 other saws and DT jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieB

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, so with the Rutlands 10% deal and free delivery I am trying to see if I can afford a SIP 01332. To do so I need to sell my existing kity 419 and a couple of other bits I no longer use. The kity will be for sale until 6th April, which is when the Rutlands offer ends. The rest I will leave for sale anyway but the kity comes off the for sale list on 6th as I will not be able to upgrade to the SIP if I don't sell the kity. Hope thats OK ;)

So, pictures below but prices here to save people scrolling through a load of pics.

Kity 419 with 2 extension wings and sliding table - SOLD
Diamond scroll saw - SOLD
Rexon scroll saw - SOLD
Axminster DT jig plus fine finger template - £50
Dulux weathershield backpack painting system - £30

PM if interested, will sell on a first PM gets it basis. Buyer collects from Faversham, Kent in all instances as this stuf is heavy. Could possibly post the painting backpack but it is bulky.

Kity 419

Kity1.jpg

Kity2.jpg

I have had the Kity for a few years and it has done pretty much all I have asked of it. It comes with the two pressed steel extension tables, long and short rails, fence and sliding table. What it does not have is the leg system - its currently sitting on an MDF unit type thing which the buyer can take if they wish. It didn't come with any legs when I bought it. While it did come with a riving knife, this did not line up with the blade. It was not on the saw when I bought it and I have never bothered to fettle the saw to make it fit. The crown guard is present as you can see in the photo and this would fit to the riving knife. The blade is about 6 months old, and still has some life in it.

Diamond scroll saw

diamond2.jpg

diamond1.jpg

Bought this of the bay a few years ago and personally never got on with it. Some people love em, some hate em. It does not have a model number / type on it, but is a diamond, which is all the sticker says. Takes pinless blades and has variable speed. Been sitting under my bandsaw gathering dust for a while now so I may be open to sensible offers if it doesn't fly out of the door!

Rexon scroll saw

rexon1.jpg

Good beginners scroll saw this one, did me very well as my first saw but now I have the Axminster its simply sitting in a cupboard taking up space. Takes pinless blades, dual speed (IIRC) model is SS16A.

Axminster dovetail jig

jig1.jpg

Only used a couple of times, then I managed to get my hands on an incra system so never really got the use it deserved. It comes with the additional fine finger template but not the fine router cutter in that kit. If I can find it I will also throw in the guide bush the fine finger template needs, if not its sold as seen in the image - the only thing missing is the cutter and the bush and both of these are available from Axminster.

Painting backpack

pack1.jpg

Not really workshop related, but its taking up space. Never used, its a backpack system for Dulux Weathershield paint. Supposed to allow you to paint up a ladder without needing a brush and paint pot up there. I bought it to do the outside of my house and never used it as I subsequently had to put up scaffolding to reach the guttering so painted the house at the same time. Open to sensible offers on this one.

Steve

Good luck Stevie, I really hope that you sell the Kity in time to go for the SIP as its a very good saw [-o<

Cheers

Mike

I know beardo was after a kity - ive sent him a heads up to this thread by pm

I have tried to send you a pm BSM.

I would like the saw but as im so busy i dont have time to come and collect. When i was in the process of buying a 419 before the seller could get the p and p for £20 but i cant remember what the company was called.

I would offer £350 but if that was to my door?

Beardo16":wyr5gvsb said:
I have tried to send you a pm BSM.

I would like the saw but as im so busy i dont have time to come and collect. When i was in the process of buying a 419 before the seller could get the p and p for £20 but i cant remember what the company was called.

I would offer £350 but if that was to my door?

you need to be pm'ing steve mate i just gave you the good word i'm not the seller (my 419 int going anywhere)

if steve's happy to put it on a pallet you could probably get a courier via shiply.com

Thanks BSM 8). Beardo - PM me your address and I will see what I can get it shipped to you for, if its a reasonable price I am sure we can make a sale! Not quite sure on how fast shiply.com is on an Easter weekend but will give it a try. PM me your details and we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Steve

I'm after a 419 too, but they're always flipping miles from me. Either nobody in - or near - the Midlands has a 419, or they all have and love them so much that they won't sell!

Beardo16":nldfhvbp said:
I know i meant that i have tried to respond to your message and its stuck in my outbox just incase you thought i ignored your message.

pms stay in your outbox until they are read by the recipient ;) - you will ntice that it has now moved to your sent box

Richard D":1iga7qwc said:
I'm after a 419 too, but they're always flipping miles from me. Either nobody in - or near - the Midlands has a 419, or they all have and love them so much that they won't sell!

Just bleedin annoying - when Blister was selling his Unisaw (which I really did fancy), it meant selling my Kity 419 (it's the full package), but there seemed hardly a market for it! And now - folk can't get enough of them! :roll:

Sod's law init. :lol:

Richard D":3qqujbgz said:

theres one in lancaster on ebay at the moment - theres also a 619 in chumleigh.

like i said to beardo it wouldnt cost much to get either couriered. (tho to an extent if you really want it you have to be prepared to go get it - i went from wilts to derbs and back to pick mine up)

Oh yes - have my eye on that one. It's a touch farther than I'd like to travel, and the auction ends at an inconvenient time for me, but it's in my watch list.

Spent the afternoon playing with my last three ebay purchases - router, woodrat and extractor. Still have all my own fingers, but it's been more by luck than judgement.

Richard D":1hoq0ggs said:
, and the auction ends at an inconvenient time for me, but it's in my watch list.

use a sniper like goofbay or just snipe , its the only way that makes sense really (jake and bob switched me on to the joys of sniping and my ebay success has shot up)

Beardo16":283dg16u said:
HAHA you pippers, i hate people that use them snipe things.

Pm sent Stevie

if you cant beat em, join em mate - you know it makes sense ;)

OK, the Kity is sold and its time to order from Rutlands 8) The DT jig and backpack are still available - open to offers on both if anyone is interested as they are just taking up space at the moment.

Steve

Back