• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold For Sale, Elecktra Beckum Bandsaw, BAS 315

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow forumites. I am posting this for my engineer friend John. This is a well-maintained (did I say he was an engineer?), two-owners-from-new, both hobby turners, so no sustained commercial abuse. He wants £100, to include the box of spare blades BUT NOT THE WHEELED BASE - below the legs. He's in Alnwick and would prefer a pickup.

20230102_103456.jpg20230102_103505.jpg20230102_103555.jpg20230102_103605.jpg

Hi, I’d be happy to buy the saw but am down in the East Midlands if your mate ever gets closer down the country? Just can‘t get to Alnwick anytime soon unfortunately.
Thanks,

Hi I’m very interested I live quite close in Consett. What model is it please? It shows a bit of rust on the blade guide is this cosmetic any other rust damage can it be seen working on collection?

It's a BAS 315; John has the original manual and I believe) the invoice for it. The rust and age marks are cosmetic and in no way interfere with normal woodworking, Jon. And yes, you can certainly see it working.

Jon, no problem, I will send you a "conversation" with John's phone number. He says that the apparent rust is in fact brown paint or stain...apparently, Stan, the owner before him, splashed it around a bit and some got on the saw.

It shows a bit of rust on the blade guide is this cosmetic
Hi Jon, the blade guide is Aluminium so no rust, It's a good bandsaw all bearings are readily available if needed, just don't crank down hard on any of the screws around the guide bearing adjusters as the housing will crack and they are no longer available, in an ideal world it needs a better fence, had mine for the best part of 20 years with no major problems and it was second hand when I got it.

I've got this same bandsaw, but rebadged as a record power model, it's a good little saw, I've asked it to do more than it should do and it's performed well, always use tuffsaws blades in it. £100 is a bargain.

Thank you Recky33 and Jbonevia, one satisfied customer has just departed homeward with a new-to-him BAS 315 and John is badgering Axy to 'hurry up and deliver my new one'...:cool:

Sorry a_sethia, I did ask John about travel, but he has just clipped a digit on a compressor fan and he is in "no state to drive". The other fella came to him.

Hi Sam many thanks for this very satisfied thanks all put back together in my workshop ready to use!!! Please pass on my thanks to John and all the best with his new one 👍

Back