Bandsaw - Dewalt BS/9310 or Elektra Beckum BAS 315

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typer05

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at buying a small second hand bandsaw. I seen two for sale that are not far from me.
My question is does anyone have any experience with these two models, they are both for sale at the same price.

1) Dewalt BS/9310 - google is not coming up with anything much, it seems to be an old dewalt from the late 80's made in Italy

2) Elektra Beckum BAS 315

Would the older dewalt be better quality, I heard there earlier bandsaws were good quality, I think they were a rebranded elu while dewalt still made them in Italy as opposed to cheaper countries.

Any advice would be appreaceated. (The most ill be cutting is 50 to 75mm)

Thanks

The first bandsaw I bought was a used EB315. It seemed a reasonable machine when fitted with a decent blade (the current advice is to get from Ian at Tuffsaws). The fence on mine needed a bit of adjusting, but once set was pretty solid. I needed to replace the guide bearings but they were not expensive. It depends on the price you are being offered the machines - the EB315 is an older model; in another post someone talks about getting an EB317 (two versions later) for about £100, though that is cheap. If you look at completed listings on Ebay you'll get an idea of what to expect to pay - a couple sold at about £107 and £160.

I don't know the Old Dewalt so can't comment on it.

Misterfish

Back