Floor tile levellers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berncarpenter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi been tiling a mates kitchen floor today and as the screed was out of level i used these handy levelling thingees.

DSC_0188_zpsc026527d.jpg

Here 's the job there is a hump of about 25mm in the middle of the floor so had to use a big bed of adhesive.

DSC_0183_zps8fe20ca0.jpg

DSC_0187_zpsbb52d885.jpg

DSC_0186_zps649dc487.jpg

DSC_0193_zps14bc1887.jpg
[/img]

DSC_0192_zpsacb0e9e7.jpg

Thats as far as i got today i am really impressed with these they make it a lot easier to keep the tiles nice and flush .

Cheers Bern.

Now that is a neat idea !! I didnt realise such a thing existed - tiling looks good aswell ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Looks good, but are you sure you are within the limits of the adhesive? How thick is that bed and what adhesive is it.............and will you have an inch step when you get to the door?

To make up a large amount like 25mm with adhesive will imho be to much, perhaps leveling the floor first mat have been a better idea,my guess would be that these clever little gizmos are only meant to take out small differences in tile levels.

That is a clever idea. Might have been easier to have used self leveling compo in the first instance.
Nice tiling!

I got a large floor to tile at home and the floors very humby bumpy. I bought some self levelling stuff and I thick max thickness on that was 3-6mm. Either way im not looking forward to doing it. I'll get on the bay later on and see if there's anyone that sells them

ColeyS1":bzl1hndc said:
I got a large floor to tile at home and the floors very humby bumpy. I bought some self levelling stuff and I thick max thickness on that was 3-6mm. Either way im not looking forward to doing it. I'll get on the bay later on and see if there's anyone that sells them

Have a look at Ardex products (up to 35mm depth in one application)

http://www.ardex.co.uk/Home/tabid/96/CatID/6/Store.aspx

Excellent job!! you're method looks easier and cleaner than grinding off the floor an floor leveler(Arditz) Wot we've been doing for years!.
I also like to tile the entire floor, messin' about where the dish washer ,'fridge and dishwasher are going. Is the tile level meeting the threshold likely to be a problem? Regards Rodders

Flynnwood":15phvnjb said:
ColeyS1":15phvnjb said:

Have a look at Ardex products (up to 35mm depth in one application)

http://www.ardex.co.uk/Home/tabid/96/CatID/6/Store.aspx

Apparently you can bulk up the levelling screed with grano chippings for thicker applications,

,joe,

Managed to get the floor finished by 7.30pm tonight. Ok i seem to have caused a bit of a stir with this job :shock: Grayorm the floor ad is rapid set flex white suitable for the porcelain tiles .Recommended max bed of 12mm which is well below the 22mm bed that went down in the worst areas .The only problem i had with the bed of this thickness i had was that once i had the tile at the correct hight i wanted it would after a couple of minutes spring up a mil or two, but once the wedges where slid into place it was ok. I ran out of wedges with about three rows of tiles left to lay and had to constantly play with them until the ad set ,it was a bit like laying them on sponge .After i got over the worst hump i gradually brought the level down by 2mm each tile so when i got to the door i only had a step of 12mm.Took a couple of photos but it was dark by the time i finished so not too clever.

DSC_0194_zpsc837291d.jpg

DSC_0196_zps51af11de.jpg

I wii make a small ramp out of oak to finish up to the tile edge.Mark .B. hanser and Blackrod I have never been able to get self leveling compound level ,i obviously had the wrong boots on for the job now if i had a pair of these things may have been more successful .

ScreenShot2013-10-24at205443_zpsa8cfa652.png

My mate is going to clean and grout so thats my bit done for now . If you have some floor tiling planed i would recommend you give these a try i think there great.

Cheers Bern.

Back