Flexible hose, where to buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I need to buy some 100mm flexible hose to connect a Metabo PT to a Charnwood extractor but I'm easily confused especially with all the different adaptors etc.

Also, there seems to be several options regarding what material the hose is made of so I'm not sure what is best for woodworking. If buying in 1m lengths, is this measured when stretched out or compacted?
Many thanks
Brian.

Axminster, Rutlands or any other online store , Axminster do the collars that wind onto the hose ( anti clockwise) so they can then be clamped onto 100mm pipe- give or take 10 mm. A meter length will be extended to 1 m. I used clear hoses so any blockage can be identified but there are many types available low friction, fire resistant, tbh I was mainly concerned with the price as it can be quite expensive. Adapters- blast gates etc all come down to what machines you have and their positions in your shop . More experienced members in this field will hopefully advise you of more specific set ups .

Thanks gents, I'll have another look this evening.
I bought an Xpelair hose today for £2.99 so I could test the PT and Extractor, it worked great but think it will be ripped to shreds before long...

Hi, according to a dust extraction company installer, the best clear pvc pipe has blue spirals. I went cheap though 😐

Latest posts

Back