Fixings Required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulH

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get fixings that would allow a wooden towel rail or bathroom shelf support to be mounted "blind" to a wall (i.e. no screws showing but still able to remove the fixing when painting the wall etc)? I'm specifically thinking of the way much of the B&Q bathroom stuff is attached, namely you insert a screw into the wall, then the fitting is hooked over and down onto the screw but covers it. The fixing itself is on the back of the fitting and similar in shape to an upside down keyhole - the "round" bit allowing the screw head to enter the fixing and then the "straight" bit tightening onto the screw as the fitting is push downwards to give stability.

I've had a look at some online suppliers but I don't even know what term to use in their search - browsing hasn't produced anything suitable.

I hope this is clear!

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul,
about 10 years ago I bought a wooden rail with metals fixings just as you describe from Ikea.

Andy

How about making a wide dovetailed slot in the back of the towel rack mounting and then a hardwood, dovetailed key that screws to the wall. Here's a quickie sketch of what I mean.

towelrack1.jpg

Thanks to one and all for the responses. I like the idea of the hardwood dovetail slot and may well try that one....

Andy King also pointed me to Isaac Lord's catalogue, part no. 327ZP (a "keyhole plate") which is looks exactly like what I had in mind.

Regards,
Paul.

Woodfit do keyhole plates, code BP500 and Isaac lord do two types 327zp & 328zp, cant get into either site at the moment to post links

You can also get a router cutter for keyhole slots.

Jason

Latest posts

Back