Fitted Wardrobes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to build some fitted wardrobes. Does anyone know of a supplier in West Yorkshire that supplies doors and other materials that I would need.

Any other useful links or advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Suggs

Suggs

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Regards.

Hi Suggs, I'm also a "Wezzy" and have just done the same thing in my son's bedroom. After asking around and doing a few price checks I got my sheet materials (maple veneered MDF in my case) from Lawcris on cross green industrial estate. Delivered free too. I'm making my own panel doors so can't help there. Good luck with your build and keep us updated with progress. ATB John

Suugs- in order for anybody here to give you really useful information we need to know more about what your capabilities are. For instance, a piece of MDF cut into a rectangle the correct size and drilled with a couple of 35mm blind holes becomes a door. The question is, are you able to perform those operations? Tell us more about what you can and can't do and the advice will be more helpful

John

I would class myself as a beginner as I have only built a few tables, chest of drawers and the usual things that you do while fixing your home.

I have a number of wardrobe doors which are new and I want to use. I would like to make the caresses from veneered sheet material.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Suggs

Are these people any good?

http://www.doorsdirect.co.uk/index.html

I've not used them - just came across them when looking for the same thing a couple of years ago. In the end didn't order from them because I felt I wanted to see them first and they were too far oop Narth to make it worthwhile.

Andrew

Premdor do external doors and that sort of thing. Large quamtity, trade only. Try Hills Panel Products (Oldham and Sheffield) as they manufacture vinyl/foil wrapped MDF dooers and sell direct.

Scrit

I bought a Pax carcass from Ikea with the solid antique stained pine doors. Built a stud frame round it with 2x4, plasterboarded it and skimed, worked a treat.

Are you looking to do somethining similar or are you having to custom make to fit a given space?

Back