Fisherman's Priest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont understand. Where was the priest ? and why does a fisherman's priest differ from a shepherds, or a car workers ?
And what did the truncheon have to do with it ?

That is really quite special!
I wonder if it will get entered in next months turning competition.

Lol and I'm worried my lathe has a light knock... could be worse....
by the tattoos on his hands... I dont think that'll be used on fish!!!

Watch part 2 as well. He put it on eBay. Starting price, 99p. Lead-filled tip apparently. He's called John Rambo. It is a foot long. And two centimetres.

I think you worry perhaps too much ... I made the lower two replacement finials you see on this clock:
clock.jpg

Using this "lathe" :lol:
cs2.jpg

... his tailstock does look a bit wobbly mind !

Attachments

• clock.jpg
    clock.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 105
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 105
Tony, it's less the lathe and more the tools for me. Those finials look great and a lathe is just something to make wood spin. But a decent tool rest and sharp tools are key, for safety if nowt else. Whereas a rasp...

One day I hope I'm good enough to do an instructional video on YouTube!!

Thinking about it, I did absailing once as a kid. If I remember correctly you tie a rope around a rock and your waist then launch yourself off a cliff-face. Think I'll make an instructional YouTube of exactly how it should be done, having done it once 20 years ago I'm clearly qualified!!

:wink: :lol:

Richard

Sheffield Tony":1e1d9pdh said:
I think you worry perhaps too much ... I made the lower two replacement finials you see on this clock:
clock.jpg

Using this "lathe" :lol:
cs2.jpg

... his tailstock does look a bit wobbly mind !
I think your set up looks very much more substantial, I'd use that myself it looks very sturdy

Back