First project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbieblyth

Established Member
Reaction score
Nearly finished my first project a mirror, it is a based on something my lovely saw in a gallery a few years ago and said "you could make one of those"! Well got the piece of wood from the Festival of the Tree a few weeks ago:
DSC00069-full;init:.jpg

Some chiseling - more like carving really

DSC00072-medium;init:.jpg

Now into two..
DSC00076-medium;init:.jpg

And missing a few steps out we have a mirror, OK a an MDF back and a mirror from one on offer for £14, a few coats of Danish oil...
DSC00079-large.jpg

Hopefully I will post a better picture of it on the wall when I get around to fitting it - tonights task is to rebuild the washing machine :([/img]

needless to say they do for me, guess I will have to find somewhere else to put them

I cant see whats wrong with the URL, I presume thats what yahoo gave you. but I just get a 404 error, not a missing picture if that helps any.
Correction: the last pic works but it appears to have a slightly different address from the other four

Mike

Have edited original post- hopefully now with pictures, well the worked for me anyway.

Cheers

Andrew

Pictures work,mirror looks great :D

Simple idea,but very effective - like it (might have to copy it :wink: )

Andrew

Finally got it on the wall, photographed from a slightly strange angle as I didn't want my ugly mug in shot!
DSC00089-large.jpg

Nice project Blyth. I find a lot of mirror frames tend to be a bit staid and boring, yours 'mirrors' (sorry) the natural wood.

i like it a lot

Back