First name puzzle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard56

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it would look more at home on a chainsaw forum. But I've had the saw a week and faffed about enough.
The wood is 44mm thick, next time I will use 25mm
The font has a shadow effect, looks nice on paper, but tricky for me to keep to the cut line. Sandpaper is worth it's weight in gold.
uploadfromtaptalk1376662785377.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376662785377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376662785377.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,347
Richard, there’s not a lot wrong with that, may be the keys could be cut a little deeper and wider, but if it holds together ok, then job done.
After you have applied a finish, it will look even better.

I am a big user of lemon oil, easy to apply, looks good, plus a great smell.

Take care.

Chris R.

Thats nice Richard, if you can produce that after one week, imagine what you will be cutting after one year!!!!!!!!
Regards
Brendan

Thank you Chris, your very kind.
I've sanded it now it does look a little better.
Rich

PS where can I get Lemon oil from please?

That wood was over the top. To be honest I should have taken a break. It was my impatience that caused the errors. Still the rest of the wood will come in for a welly boot rack :) If I can find some rawlplugs big enough.

Now where do I buy Lemon oil?

Rich

richard56":244jdz49 said:
Rich

Richard.

You may be able to obtain Lemon oil from a local hardware store if you have one, but not the big DIY sheds, or from Axminster Tools, that’s were I get my supply. The brand I use is Liberon.

Take care.

Chris R.

Nice job there Rich , you certainly put the saw to it's limits 44 mm for your first effort . Looks great to me ,but as Chris suggests if the locking keys were a little larger
it would enhance it even more. But the project is yours and you make the choice . well done and thanks for showing .

First of all, good morning to Eugene who I see is on line.Lemon oil is that similar to Danish oil ?.I use Danish oil,I am working on a very complicated music box and if the fragrance was lemon it would enhance it.Richard I am impressed with your first name puzzle well done.

Bryan

Nice to see Eugene on this thread. Lemon oil is in the same league as finishing oil, teal oil etc, nothing like Danish oil at all. Lemon oil will penetrate the wood and bring the grain alive. Its really nice as you can still small the lemon after several weeks. I use it quite a lot but then I wax polish over it but you can still small the lemon. A lot of punters come up to my stall and will pick something up just to small it.

ChrisR":1z7qbf7g said:
richard56":1z7qbf7g said:
Rich

Richard.

You may be able to obtain Lemon oil from a local hardware store if you have one, but not the big DIY sheds, or from Axminster Tools, that’s were I get my supply. The brand I use is Liberon.

Take care.

Chris R.

I do have a local hardware. I have been trying for several weeks to ask for something they do not stock. This just may be it.

boysie39":3m8zhhi4 said:
Nice job there Rich , you certainly put the saw to it's limits 44 mm for your first effort . Looks great to me ,but as Chris suggests if the locking keys were a little larger
it would enhance it even more. But the project is yours and you make the choice . well done and thanks for showing .

Thank you Eugene, I hope this has put a smile on peoples faces. I have a grin like a Cheshire cat. I think this scroll saw hobby is giving me a sense of satisfaction I have never felt before.
I agree with the comments about the locking keys. When I sketched them in I knew something did not look right, but could not think what.
All the best
Rich

nadnerb":1pg2qotu said:
Thats nice Richard, if you can produce that after one week, imagine what you will be cutting after one year!!!!!!!!
Regards
Brendan
My apologies Brendan for not replying earlier.
I am already working on my next idea. Not that unusual but will have to be more accurately cut. From plywood too.
Rich

Bryan Bennett":1xldbtqk said:
First of all, good morning to Eugene who I see is on line.Lemon oil is that similar to Danish oil ?.I use Danish oil,I am working on a very complicated music box and if the fragrance was lemon it would enhance it.Richard I am impressed with your first name puzzle well done.

Bryan

Thank you Bryan.
Is there a chance of seeing a few pics?

Chippygeoff":nhtmxqef said:
Nice to see Eugene on this thread. Lemon oil is in the same league as finishing oil, teal oil etc, nothing like Danish oil at all. Lemon oil will penetrate the wood and bring the grain alive. Its really nice as you can still small the lemon after several weeks. I use it quite a lot but then I wax polish over it but you can still small the lemon. A lot of punters come up to my stall and will pick something up just to small it.
Thanks chippygeoff. Some very useful information there. What is the name of the polish you use?
Rich

Thank you Geoff for the information will look for some at my next visit to Axminster.Rich do you mean pics of the musical box that I am currently making?.There is a picture of one that I made earlier in the project showcase page.

Bryan

Bryan Bennett":4s0r2azi said:
Thank you Geoff for the information will look for some at my next visit to Axminster.Rich do you mean pics of the musical box that I am currently making?.There is a picture of one that I made earlier in the project showcase page.

Bryan

Your current one please Bryan. I like seeing the transformation from sawn wood to a finished object.

I like your earlier one, very nice indeed.

Hi Richard, I'm also new to scroll sawing, so I can appreciate just how good your work is. Well done. By the way, I know you said the wood was 44mm thick but you didn't mention the species. I'm currently having trouble trying to get my saw through a piece of maple that is almost half the thickness.
George

Back