First lorry load of toys! Up-date and new photos!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David111s

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Yesterday i took delivery of the first load of machinery for my new workshop! :D

3364642323_e46bbd66a8.jpg

Morticer

3365462124_0135f4686c.jpg

New bench with part of the extractor on top, plus morticer cabinet

3364639289_028a80590d.jpg

3364637795_7a43e5606f.jpg

Rojek bandsaw

Got my friendly electrician coming on saturday to connect up my new sockets. Then on Tuesday i have got another big bit of kit arriving :D

Cant wait to test them out!

Cheers
David

Man are you gonna have some fun with all them toys!! :lol:

Really nice looking shop too! Cant wait to see her when she's all decked out.

Wow, love that bandsaw. :lol:

Noticed the guide rail. How do you find the DW plunge saw? And tell us more 'bout the workshop. What do you plan on doing in there? Are you setting up a totally new business? Or just 'expanding'?

Whatever, you got me green!!

Neil

That looks a fabulous workshop with plenty of room for expansion. But you don't have enough power points. Seriously think X 2 at least from what I can see in the pics. :)

I agree with LN, nice big shop with lots of toys to play with, but I think you should add more sockets, rule of thumb is double whatever you think you'll need, I've got 18 doubles in my shop and I'd say it was smaller than yours.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the comments!

The workshop is a tad under 400 sqf, it is part of a craft and design centre, on the site of a very old fairground (started in the 13th century) the workshop buildings were originaly hop sellers boothes.

3313572755_e7ef7bb8a8.jpg

This is my first workshop (that hasn't fallen thru :evil:) i am starting a furniture making business, i am also going to do a bit of light joinery.

Its taken a while to find a good place to set up but i think this will do to start with! got lots of passing trade, and its cheap! (half the cost of a similar unit in my hometown)

Regarding the sockets, there were 5 doubles in there to start with and i'm adding 5 more doubles, there is also a 16amp single phase socket and a 3 phase socket.

The last place i worked at had 2 buildings linked together and the smaller workshop were most of the work was carried out only had 5 double sockets and three people working in there. So i'm going to see how i get on for the first few months and them add more if needs be! plus i am working to a tight start up budget :(

neilyweely,

I got the D.W plunge saw late last year and only had a chance to use twice :( and i'm very pleased with it!. i decided to go for a rail saw mainly to cut up sheet goods, as it means i don't need to have a massive panel saw.

Regards

David

David,
Is that an ADE1200 extractor? If it is, cut off the wee grill thing on the inlet otherwise it'll block up with chippings (you can see it in the 3rd picture down, it looks like a rifle crosshair). I used bolt cutters to lop mine off (so to speak) and a file to take the sharp burr off. According to Axminster, you won't invalidate the warranty doing this.
BTW good luck with the venture, looks like a nice space you've got there for the workshop :D

Actually, it's just occurred to me; if you employ people you mightn't be able to legally make modifications to machinery like this under PUWER or HASAWA. Might want to check it out with HSE. I think the grill is there to stop people from sticking their fingers into the impeller (if they are dumb enough to shove their arm up the inlet pipe when it's on). But if you use the extractor with a planer/thicknesser it will block up at that point. Otherwise its a great extractor, I've had no other probs with mine.
HTH :D
Dave

Just had a look at mine, you'd need arms like an Orangutan to get your fingers anywhere near the impeller :D

Workshop looks great! Please keep posts with pictures coming, of the shop and the work! :wink: It looks like you will be able to turn out some really nice stuff in that bright workshop. Probably a really good location for you as well, in a design & craft centre.

Thanks for getting these photo's up, David. It all looks very exciting, especially when you look at the size of that bandsaw!! :mrgreen: :wink:

First delivery, eh... I look forward to seeing more photo's of the next one! :D

Rod, I can confirm that this is in Andover.

Very nice Dave....

Though I thought you would have made your own benches... :roll:

I am of course suitably green with envy as I'm still working in a shoebox

:lol:

Best regards.....

Mike (yes, that baldy bloke in Greenwich).

Welcome to Hampshire David, there are a few of us down here and as you have lots of space you are now required to host a social event. Near you there is Paul Goulden who will supply you with air dried local wood that may from his own woods, he's a great guy so get to know him

Aidan

TheTiddles":37spkjqr said:
Welcome to Hampshire David, there are a few of us down here and as you have lots of space you are now required to host a social event.
Aidan
...or more commonly called in UKW parlance...a Bash! :lol: (do members from neighbouring counties get invited?) - Rob

Hi all!

Haven't had much time over the last few days... so i thourght id give a little up-date.

Had the sockets connected up at the weekend! started putting the Morticer and Extractor together (rubbish instructions :evil: ). Had a load of stuff delivered late last week (biscuit jointer, sash clamps, f clamps, w/shop vac, mobile bases, roller stands. picking up my Lathe today.

Taking all my tools from home down on Wednesday so got a HUGE amount of packing to do.

Oh and i'm off down to the w/shop tomorrow as i have a chap coming down from Milton Keynes :tool: :D

Thanks for all the comments! and i'm liking the sound of a "Bash"!

Regards
David

Thourght i would post a few photos taken today.....

3382909629_1bd53ba5bd.jpg

assembled the morticer and extractor.

Then this arrived........ :D

3382951491_548c12ff56.jpg

3382951487_ae6f58a7e4.jpg

3383744588_cdc78ce961.jpg

3382911585_39fe2eb52c.jpg

Cant wait to get playing :wink: (edit working!!)

David

Back