Firefox 2 - Safe or not

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found probs with Firefox 2? I'd like to install it but not if its a bit suspect.

Cheers

Tim

Tim I have been using it for a few weeks now and the only thing I have noticed with a link to another link you have to go file and close the TAB rather than just going back
Barry

mr":7aumqucj said:
In what way would it be "a bit suspect"?

I know that Chris (waterhead 37) had a few probs with a previous update and that some new versions of any software have known clashes with other software or hardware installed.

Cheers

Tim

I'm using it (on a Mac).

The phishing site popup warning was a pleasant surprise.

There is now a separate close button on each of the tabs rather than a single button at the right..which takes a bit of getting used to.

My popup blocker doesn't always alert me when it's blocked a popup. As a result some websites don't seem to work very well (until you enable their popups...you just have to remember to temporarily unblock popups which is a bit of a pain and reload the page to see if the website works..if the information bar was consistent then you'd get the indication.).

Also I have a sense that you can unblock popups for a site but even if you remove that site from your 'un'block popup list at a later date, the site still remains unblocked (you need to be able to do this for faultfinding or checking out firefox information bar if you're sad like me :oops: )

I'm using it here at work and found it no different to previous versions. But i never made use of the tab options anyway.

Adam

The tab issue can be changed in Options (or Preferences, whatever it's called) so you can choose whether new pages open a new window, or a new tab within the same window. Your choice.

I have been using Firefox since v0.9.

V2 is definitely better and I have found to be very stable.

Use it and you will be surprised, :shock:

No problems here with v2. nor with any previous versions.

Adam - funny how we use the same software differently - for me, the tabs are one of the best features of Firefox :)

Latest posts

Back