Fire Vase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeetoids

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I turned this piece from a Yew (I think!) log.

150mm x 80mm, stained with black, red, yellow and FP for finish.

DSC00522.jpg

Very much like it Skeetoids, the shape is sublime and really extenuates the grain of the Yew! Along with a little galaxy, this is another one of my favourites.

Dan

now that's a lovely shape - really nicely done. I agree with Pete - this is your bests bit to date :)

Do you have a shot from dead on the side? I'd like to see what you did with the foot.

Miles

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

This is a shot from the side. Tried to get a nice balance with the stem so didn't want to go too thin, plus I couldn't get a tool in any deeper!

The bottom of the vase is undercut by about 1cm so the stem fits up into the base and the base tucks up nicely.

DSC00521.jpg

Yep, I agree with the others this is your best yet! Lovely piece with great shape and colour. Is it hollow inside or is it left closed? cheers HM

That you trying to be hip G?

I really appreciate the humour BTw, we need more on these forums me thinx!

Anyway, appreciate the comments nonetheless but when are we going to see another piece George? I genuinely look forward to seeing your pieces, you are honestly a direct inspiration for my work, you and Mark are the ones I'm watching, you are the one's pushing turning wider, not separating it from true wood, but rather taking the wood on a new journey, after all it is a form, it is imagination that we put into it's shape, so why not stain it, burn it, chip it, sand it, hammer it, cut it etc. etc.

The list of the possibilties with wood is endless.

So come on the G man, show us how it's done.

All the very best and much kindness to you all,

Lee (Buddha) Sneddon

Have a look here for inspiration...not that you seem to need much. This guy is off the wall. The site is a bit convoluted but then so is his imagination. loads of really different stuff.

Pete

Latest posts

Back