Finishing Nailer Purchase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for an inexpensive finishing nailer for tacking MDF and Birch Ply together up to about 25mm thick can you suggest a good brand and what I would expect to pay. Budget sub 150.00

John

I should have noted that I don't have a compressor so I am looking for Gas or Electric, am I being ambitious at £150.00 ?

Personally I'd keep an eye on the Bay and buy a small compressor and then a normal nailer. When mine got tea-leafed, I picked up a small SIP portable one for £30 and then a new Bostich for £75 when it had just been superseded.

Dibs

However, be warned about cheap compressors. I got a Stanley one for about £120, which I thought was a good buy. That was until I tried to fit a nail gun to it, and Machine Mart happily told me that I would not get anything to adapt the non standard fittings on it to a standard quick release. I did manage in the end to get some fittings to do the job, but had to replace the hose, bin the few accessories that came with it.

Machine Mart told me that it was a common problem with Chinese compressors, so just double check what you are buying. Luckily enough, when in the know, it is easy enough to do so.

Mark

Interesting that the Axminster compressor and gun is within my budget an new !

Space is an issue though, Its worth a thought.

Thanks

John

Back