Finished todays batch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
This is what I have been up to the last two days. I managed to make six things but only 5 here the sixth is still in the work in progress stage.

The photo's were done this way to save on loading time
The first lot of photo's is a small beech bowl and a Walnut bowl.

2014-07-13001_zps78ff0501.jpg

The second lot of photo's is a pot porri 1 of them without the lid.

2014-07-130011_zps96efa3ab.jpg

The last is a small hollow form which I am not sure if I should make a lid and finial may do it tomorrow and see. And also a small dish which was turned wet and has warped which quite appeals to me or should I say like me warped

Collages4_zps11f77309.jpg

I like those. They show off the wood nicely. I like the little warped one. I have one like that I turned from some elm which was (I thought) well seasoned having purchased a board from a local supplier. The rest of it resisted any movement, but that little bowl moved quite a bit for some reason. Maybe because it was so thin? I don't know, but I like it the way it is.

It is nice when you get the unexpected from a piece. Sometimes it is only fit for the bin but this one just looked right luckily I had not taken the chucking point off so after it had moved and been in the house for a couple of months I decided to remove it which helped in it sitting flat

Some nice pieces there:) not so keen on the thick walled one at the top but then that's just my preference. I prefer them to look a little more proportioned like the 2nd one. I really like the warped one too.

I like the beech bowl, still like the solid feel of that shape. Also like the warped bow - holly turned thin has done that with me occasionally and ended up looking good.
Great finish on all your work.

Back