finish for oak flooring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fobos8

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I use Osma hardwax oil for finishing most furniture projects I make but I've never used it on flooring before. I need to lay some new oak flooring in our dining room and am considering getting some unfinished or oiled and finishing it with Osma.

My question is - has anyone used this as a finish for flooring and how does it hold up to heavy traffic?

Alternative is to go for lacquered flooring.

Cheers, Andrew

A friend of mine recently bought a new place with Osmo PloyX'd oak flooring. It looks amazing, really natural and it holds up well to foot traffic by the garden door. Also I understand you can resand marks out and re-oil with ease so maintenance is meant to be simple. Ive not used it myself but all the folks I know who have recommend it.

I have had my hall floor down for a few years now, Osmo hard wax oil on European oak, and it is bearing up pretty well. I bought the boards pre-finished from British Hardwoods, but used some extra hard wax oil for the plugged screw holes etc. You can do spot repairs reasonably successfully.

Latest posts

Back