finger cutter set up, help please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sunnybob":3b1xkk51 said:
I think that we are over thinking this. i dont like the look of that very much.
I would go back to the original layout with the bearing at the bottom and just be very very very very careful that your fingers dont go any where near the top cutters.

yup your probably right! ill do that, going to axi tomorrow to look at the UJK cast iron table ive got Steve M's set of DVD's with all his gigs and guards, I promise to give this cutter a wide birth until I have the correct setup.

Dont let it know youre scared of it!

In your mind, you do have a whip, a chair and a gun! (lmao)

Woody2Shoes":2386axm2 said:
Please do not underestimate how potentially dangerous that large cutter can be.

I wouldn't try and use the bearing TBH, I'd rely on having the workpiece clamped to a sliding table/sled to move it smoothly past the cutter. I think that a sacrificial fence might be another, more tricky, idea e.g. http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/attachme ... ct0003.jpg as part of your strategy for keeping yourself safe from the cutter.

I wonder if the small hole in your router table could be an indication it's not quite beefy enough for a cutter like this?

Cheers, W2S

the table is a proprietary dewalt version bought at the same time as the dewalt 625 router, to be honest, its over 15 years old and tools have developed a lot in that time... I actually owned a construction company employing over a hundred peeps with a fully wadkin equipped workshop, but my expertise is in mechanical \electrical this is just left over equipment that ive taken out of storage after I packed in the business 12 years ago. Id make the hole bigger and keep it but the design of the table doesn't allow me to use it as an extension to my table saw so it going to tool heaven.

sunnybob":2k7zb19l said:
Dont let it know youre scared of it!

In your mind, you do have a whip, a chair and a gun! (lmao)

I'm not scared.... I'm going to stand behind my wife.... shes made of stone :lol:

Back