festool ts55 v mafell mt55

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
miles_hot":2h6xzi9z said:
interesting that there appears to be some confusion between statements here that the bevel cut does not maintain the same position as the straight up cut and the impression gained from reading about that saw.

Can someone who actually uses the saw give a definitive view - do you have to move the rail or make some allowance when cutting a bevel cut in comparison to positioning the saw when making a normal 90 degrees cut?

Thanks

Miles

About the Mafell is does maintain it's position both on a bevel and on a strait cut. But if yoy use the saw without the guiderail you need to use the "aim" in front of blade.Which is the better saw Mafell or festool? i've worked with both for a long time both are splendid to work with but in my view the mafell has a few xtra's 1 you can use both festool and mafell guiderails. 2 you can get a foldable rail. 3 You get a scoring function.4 better dustextration. 5 easyer blade change. 6 better depth indicater.6 Bevel cuts from -1 to +48.
All this being said it does not have a riving knive ? after useing it for 2years i still haven't been missing it.?
Best buy in my view the Mafell
:)

Hi folks,

I have just bought Mafell MT55 and have a silly problem with. The blade is hampering rubber on the guide rail when I try to pull it down. Can sb tell me whats going on?

Found the answer - Has to be trimed. Thanks anyway :)

Regards,
M.

If I wasn't so short of cash at this time of year, that vid could have easily removed a lot of cash from my bank account. It looks an awesome bit of kit!

I think some of the confusion on whether the blade follows the cut or not may come from the KSS400 track saw. I have owned one of those for nearly ten years and when using the track it ill stay on the line but when using the crosscut my one stays on the line up to 22.5 degrees and then goes off to a different mark further out when using at 45 degrees.

Mafell make fantastic saws though, I haven't been precious with my one at all and it still looks like it could have been bought a month ago. I have brought it on sites in the rain, had idiots use and abuse it when I wasn't there and used oin workshop situations and it's been brilliant. It has suffered some wear and tear in those years and now I am considering the KST55E, I exclusively work indoors and a lot with laminate these days so that's why I would consider the KST55e. Although I am a Festool owner as well (not of the saw but other tools) and see them as extremely comparable to Mafell I do think that Mafell have the edge.

I would love to know who started producing tracks saws first though and I always wonder about the relationship between Festool and Mafell which at times seems symbiotic. I know that Hilti bought the licensing rights for their circular saw from Mafell and tnat's why the height adjustment is the exact same, they also licensed an older track system of Mafell's but I don't think they produced many of them.

Back