Festool TS55 accessories

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whybob71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I own a Festool TS55 plunge saw with 1.4 mt rail (just bought a week ago) with two clamps.

I would like to buy some extra accessories, but I have some doubts.....

First of all, I'm sure I need an extra rail; I have an FS800/2 rail (along with the OF1010) but I want to buy a longer one to cut plywood and MDF sheets. Do I need a 1080 or a 1400 rail? I will also buy two connecting bars.

Is the Combination bevel FS-KS useful?

How do you square the rail to the plywood sheet to exactly 90°?

Is the MFT3 table necessary?

do you recommend any other accessory?

thanks in advance

whybob71":2cngxmsy said:
Hi there
I own a Festool TS55 plunge saw with 1.4 mt rail (just bought a week ago) with two clamps.

I would like to buy some extra accessories, but I have some doubts.....

First of all, I'm sure I need an extra rail; I have an FS800/2 rail (along with the OF1010) but I want to buy a longer one to cut plywood and MDF sheets. Do I need a 1080 or a 1400 rail? I will also buy two connecting bars.

Your 1400 rail will let you cut across the shorter side of an MDF board - just.

Buy a second 1400 and TWO connector bars as that will then let you cut down the longer length.

Is the Combination bevel FS-KS useful?

No. It is pants. It does not hold its' 90 degree as you adjust the rail on a board.

How do you square the rail to the plywood sheet to exactly 90°?

T-square and line the rail to it. Don't expect 0.1mm accuracy along the length of your board though !

Is the MFT3 table necessary?

Not for general purposes. It is great as a workbench - sort of - but doesn't compare to a proper bench. I bought one and thought about using the rail in conjunction with a router on the Festool slider so that I could rout clean edges at 90 degrees on boards such as MFC or MDF. Since that idea I never ever actually used it as such. In fact I have rarely used it for its' intended purpose as I converted it into a router table. if I started to work more with sheet material then perhaps I would resurrect it.

wshop3.jpg

The large bronze fence on top is an Incra Twin Linear - too large for my purposes so will be on the market shortly.

Mount a piece of mdf to the bottom of your rail and use it like a T square for cross cutting.

I have a 3000mm rail for cutting lengths but really I should have bought the size down 2700mm I think You do need a 100mm overhang at each end for the saw to run on. You can use 2 1400mm rails joined successfully but you soon get fed up with parting and joining them for cross and rip cuts.

Trend do a line of blades called Craftsman range, these are much cheaper than the Festool ones and very nearly as good. I think the original is £40 something and the Trend is sub £20.

Simon

whybob71":25q2ct39 said:
thanks a lot.....

what about the 90° square made by Dewalt for its rail? is it accurate?

I have the DeWalt t-square on my Festool rails, and find it isn't particularly accurate; it isn't miles out so it's OK for rough cuts, but the base just isn't big enough to keep it square over any distance, IMO.

I'm told you can use one half of the parallel guides for accurate 90° cuts, albeit at a price...

HTH Pete.

I got 2 x 1400 rails, back stop gizmo and the hose guide when I first bought mine. I don't use the hose guide much hence the state of hose, but the back stop is great for when you are plunging it slides in the rail and locks off so the saw cannot fly backwards. Also the stops can be used with your OF1010 too. I might buy another one so if you are routing you can set the start and stop point.

I see they do 1400 rails with holes now for the 32 system I would buy them if I was buying now. I have the 2700 rail and its plenty long enough for ripping 8 x 4 sheets.

Latest posts

Back