Festool TS55 £40 Off At Tolsave

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that makes for scarey reading, probably better off paying the £40 and picking one up locally, it's just so expensive, but I guess the best always are.

Jed

P.S Would still be interested to hear if anyone has used the m before ? they do have some good prices.

Jed

I have bought several Festools from Toolsave without any problems whatsoever. The tools were delivered next day except for one which was out of stock and came direct from Festool UK.

They have a dedicated Festool salesman who knows his products and is enthusiastic unlike some dealers who really couldn't care less. Give them a ring and save some money for your next purchase!

No connection. Just a satisfied (but much poorer) customer who is sliding down the Festool slippery slope..............

P

Hi Jed

Have a look here (1.2Mb download) as Festool themselves are giving away a saw blade and refelective jacket with the TS55. .

You'll need to check all of the details to ensure you qualify.

Also, is it the latest saw? There were some changes recently.

Cheers
Neil

Hi. I would purchase locally. I ordered more festool stuff from these people and waited over 4 weeks for an item that the site was stating in stock.

Hi
It's not as cheap as it appears, the price is not including VAT. As others have said might as well order locally or from Axminster

Alan

Newbie_Neil":1mmjsw0s said:
Hi Jed

Have a look here (1.2Mb download) as Festool themselves are giving away a saw blade and refelective jacket with the TS55. .

If you want to take advantage of this promotion, you need to hurry - the T&Cs on the back of the voucher says it expires on 30/06/07 - only 5 days to go!

Sam

Take a look at PS Tools on the net they will beat anyones price and if you are buying accessories with it they might throw a few in.

I have not bought from them as I bought my TS55 locally in the end as my local dealer matched the price. That price on toolsave £399 is not cheap at all the going rate at the moment is around £381 inc vat.

I am sure everyone has their favorite dealer but for anything Festool can I suggest you contact Jaycee Tools, or Festool Fanatics and speak to Andrew (I have been trying to add hyperlinks to both these sites but keep getting errors, can anyone help me with instructions on how to include a hyperlink in a post).

I recently bought a Festool CMS55 kit from them but I wanted the TS75 saw instead of the standard TS55, Andrew was happy to do a straight swap just for the additional cost of the TS75, and gave me a good deal on the overall kit.

I have no connection with them other than a very satisfied customer (although Andrew and I share the same surname).

Yes Martin you are right Andrew at Jaycee tools is good he knows so much about Festool I used to buy tools from Jaycee when they started the shop about 18 years ago when I was an apprentice. Then when I moved about 9 years ago I stopped going there.

I was recently dealing with him thru phone and email when buying my first Festool bits a TS55 rails etc and Midi vac but at the time he had no stock and was waiting for it to come in so I ended up buying from my local dealer ETR who also did me a good deal.

I can also recommend Jaycee tools - i got my TS55 and rails through them, excellent service and advice throughout and was as cheap as anywhere.

I've also recently used Miles Machinery and Tools - they were also top notch and very well placed for price. I doubt you'll be disapointed, the TS55 I have gets used almost every time i'm in the workshop, a very versatile bit of kit.

Hello All, and thanks for the Birthday wishes :)

Well my actual birthday was horrible, everything you expect when your older than 20 :lol:
I spent the last week preparing to get my pressie to myself, it's 6 months since my initial dabble into Festool world, but a leaking shower pipe and a collapsed ceiling on Xmas eve put paid to that :(

However I'm back on track, and after the extra time to save I was ready to make my first purchase of the black and green stuff.
Before I get into it, I just wanted to back up previous comments about Andrew at Jaycee/Festool Fanatics, knowledgeable courteous and good prices, and if you're happy to make a delivered purchase I would make this your first stop.
I may appear a turncoat here, but I wanted to be able to get mine locally so I could see what I was getting, and I prefer to deal face to face when making a big purchase, so apologies to Andrew but I'm afraid I went local.

By pure chance the first dealer I went to happened to have the North Wests rep in, and he told me plenty about Festool ( did you know the festool guide rail hasn't changed since the 60's ) and after a good chat, I started the "Good Deal" proccess ( thanks Gordon )
Cutting the story short after lots of telephone calls I got a great price from my nearest dealer "Grahams Machinery Sales" and although the Festool prices are pretty much set in stone ( as we know ) the manager Steve did do me a great deal on the other items I bought, and threw in some little incentives to make it less painfull.

So what's on the list

TS55 and Rail Kit & Promotional items, spare 12 tooth Blade and a laughable hi vis vest :lol:
Extra Rail
Raill Connectors x2
Bag
Clamps x2
Systainer Screw Organiser x2 ( On special at the mo )
Kick Back Stop
And the new Fein Multimaster, with a shed load of extra goodies thrown in

Steve doesn't suffer fools gladly, and wasn't going to watch his profit plunge, but he negotiated in my favour and I was happy to make the purchase.
It's well worth a visit, they have plenty of bit's and pieces on special offer, and a good selection of machinery and powertools, and he told me they will always do a good price, with the local Screwfix supplying competition price haggling is expected I think
In all it was a great day, and really cheered me up, so I'm getting closer now to powertool Nirvanah.

My top tip,

Decide eactly what you want and set your maximum budget, phone as many dealers as possible, you're not going to get much off the Festool price, but ask them what goodies they will throw in as an incentive to buy from them instead of the next guy, this can be anything reasonable, if you dont ask........... Remember they're all competing against each other, so who ever gives the most will get the cash.

Cheers

Jed

Hope you made sure you got the new model TS55 with the black plastic inserts on the base plate.

Correct me anyone if I am wrong but I think the Festool guide rail has changed since the 60's so I don't know what your rep is on about.

I also use Grahams Machinery Sales. The first time I went in there was just to have a look at the festool stuff in the flesh which is when I met Steve from behind the counter, who I told that I had no money so was just looking and not buying ,I then spent the next 3/4 hour with Steve who got all the festool stuff from the warehouse to show me .About two months later I went back to buy the ts55 where once again I was served by Steve who remembered me(not sure if that is a good sign ?). Now all my tool business is given to them !

Back