• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Festool OF2200/DeWalt DW625 - 240V

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farm Labourer

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good quality, secondhandOF2200 or DW625. Must be 240V. Let me know if I can relieve you of a surplus unit! :)

I have a festool 2200 for sale but unfortunately its 110v so if no luck and could make do drop me a message thanks

I use all 110 volt tools, not for the safety aspect but because I have found them to be more robust and durable than their 230 volt cousins. There has been several threads on this subject on these forums. Any reason why you are fixed on 230 ? A 110 transformer is not heavy.

Spectric - I have no cast-iron reason. I just don't like the idea of an extra gizmo for just one tool - everything else is 240v. Maybe a wee bit too stuck in my ways!

I use all 110 volt tools, not for the safety aspect but because I have found them to be more robust and durable than their 230 volt cousins. There has been several threads on this subject on these forums. Any reason why you are fixed on 230 ? A 110 transformer is not heavy.
Not true, most high end tools are identical just half the power. Have the same hitachi grinder chopsaw in 240v and in 110v the 240v you can stand on the handle whilst cutting. The 110 trips out every 30 seconds

Adidat

If you think that the 110 volt tools were the main stay of construction sites then we would not have put up with under powered tools. Yes the voltage is 55-0-55 but rather than a 13 amp plug we have 32 amp sockets on our transformers to handle the extra current. The one thing is that I have never had a 110 volt motor fail but several 230 volt ones have and the guys I used for tool repairs when living south always said the same, 110 volt get a lot of abuse and damaged but motors keep going yet 230 volt tools come in looking as new but smokey motors.

Back