Festool itch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rotex and Rolex - so similar in spelling. So similar in pricing philosophy.

(I do have a couple of festool bits and bobs, but less than I had in the past. They sure do sell easy when you no longer want a specific piece).

No rolex, though!! Somehow, Rolex went from $6k watches to $20K for steel watches in a very short period of time.

Good lord -a steel daytona with surface wear on it is now over $25K used. Bitcoin pricing philosophy.

Add $10K for a used one with a ceramic bezel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must be really good ceramic.

Festool is suddenly starting to look cheap.

The planer leaves wood as smooth as silk.
The only things I'd say to that, yes, they do (I have an EHL65) but that you should be wary of using them to do jobs like shooting-in pre-made doors. These days they tend to contain little staples and 23 gauge pins and it only takes one of those to chip a planer blade - which on the EHL is a £14 to £17 replacement cost as opposed to my Bosch's sub-£2 replacement cost (I buy 10 blades for £13)

I love most of my festool kit (the jigsaw is very meugh) and I really appreciate the little things like plug it cord, common dust collection port sizes and effective dust collection. It’s expensive kit for sure and I can’t truest justify the additional cost but I can afford it so, why not… it’s like buying a £50k BMW rather than a £25k Ford… both will work perfectly effectively as a car but the BMW is a more pleasant place to be if you can afford it and on the rare occasion that anything goes wrong with either, after sales is better with the more expensive option.

Back