Festool hose equivalent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virana

Established Member
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I have spent the last week going back and forth between the Numatic NVD750 and the Festool CTL MIDI shop vacs and think I have narrowed it down to the Festool, it has it's drawbacks over the NVD750 in airflow and lack of 100mm option but I have tried to convince myself that I will just have to get a proper 100mm dust extractor as a separate tool rather than hope that the NVD750 will be up for the job on a P/T.

I have trawled the internet and forums for hose options on the Festool and found many people who agree that the 27mm supplied hose is rather small/limiting and the upgrade to 36mm/50mm is worth doing.

I have seen that Bosch do a hose called VAC005 which is supposed to be a good replacement and fits the Festool well, has anyone got experience of this and know's where to buy one?

Alternatively I would be interested to know about other hoses and adapters that people have used to hook up there kit to the Festool machine.

So if you're thinking about a future upgrade anyway, why not just buy the Numatic which can be used as is straight out of the box? Save the extra from the cost of setting up the Festool for your eventual upgrade.

Well the Numatic boasts a rather impressive flow rate but it's still only a third of a proper chip extractor so I don't think the 100mm option it has is really going to be up to the job, having the Festool simply as a dust extractor rather than chip I plan to keep it and add a chip extractor in the future. My only concern with the Festool is hose prices.

On a side note I have read that the NVD750 can be noisy at 79DB compared to the Festool at 72DB max.

The Festool come's in at £70 less than the Numatic so taking the hose into consideration (£89) the difference is less than 20 quid.

I'd ideally like to find a cheaper way of getting the hose as £89 is still hefty for a bit of plastic.

Virana":2wj7dcbb said:
Afternoon all,

I have spent the last week going back and forth between the Numatic NVD750 and the Festool CTL MIDI shop vacs and think I have narrowed it down to the Festool, it has it's drawbacks over the NVD750 in airflow and lack of 100mm option but I have tried to convince myself that I will just have to get a proper 100mm dust extractor as a separate tool rather than hope that the NVD750 will be up for the job on a P/T.

I have trawled the internet and forums for hose options on the Festool and found many people who agree that the 27mm supplied hose is rather small/limiting and the upgrade to 36mm/50mm is worth doing.

I have seen that Bosch do a hose called VAC005 which is supposed to be a good replacement and fits the Festool well, has anyone got experience of this and know's where to buy one?

Alternatively I would be interested to know about other hoses and adapters that people have used to hook up there kit to the Festool machine.

How about this deal you get a house systainer and cleaning kit:

http://www.powertool-supplies.co.uk/fes ... -plus.html

Virana,

I have had a midi since 2007 just bought another one recently they are excellent. The standard 27mm hose is fine for most things but I treated myself to a kapex for Christmas so I too have been looking at getting a 36mm hose. In the end I stuck with Festool and ordered the exact same set as posted above by kostello. I got it for £95 I got in just before the Festool price increase. The hose you get is the cheaper non anti static hose not the green one but I'm fine with that. Then you get the SYS 5 which is worth £50+ and a cleaning set.

I highly recommend power tool supplies I've bought a few bits n bobs off them.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Also if you're ordering soon make sure you get hold of a £50 Festool voucher. You have to spend at least £400 but the midi and set will be over that. Check first as the small print says machines only not accessories so might not include the cleaning set in your £400.

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Back