Has anyone tried these hose clips for Festool dust extractors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanf

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried the 3rd party hose clips for attaching a Festool Plug-It cable to the extractor hose - such as these. Cheap enough, but if people have tried and failed with them I would rather spend the money on some Velcro straps or something else instead

Thanks

Sean

Thank you. I forgot about Strawbyte Workshop, so will look there too

Sean

I have some similar to those. They work fine.

I tend to cable ties the power cable to the extraction hose on the Kapex as I don't move it around. They work pretty well on the track saw as this isn't taken out of the box unless I am using it.

Tried some much crappier looking ones many moons ago and didn't like them: the cable would come out of them and they'd catch on the edges of things.

The ones linked above may be better in both regards (IDK) but I'd suggest taking a look at braided hose sleeves. These cover the entire hose and take the power lead inside them too which gives you something that keeps the cable where you want it and a hose with nothing to catch on. eBay has a lot of offerings and it was the 40mm size I went for to cover a D27 and D36 hose.

If everything you use on your extractor is going to be with a Festool power cable, they might be worth it. I have a mixture and my clips similar to those have sat in a box for the last 10 years! It's just more bother than they are worth to be always re-clipping them.

If everything you use on your extractor is going to be with a Festool power cable, they might be worth it. I have a mixture and my clips similar to those have sat in a box for the last 10 years! It's just more bother than they are worth to be always re-clipping them.
Sorry but I disagree with this, the majority of my corded tools aren't Festool but I find the clips useful as they'll also take the power cords for things like my sanders, biscuit joiner, router etc. - basically if I connect the extraction hose to a hand tool with a power cord, I tend to clip the power cord to the hose, it only takes a few seconds and it prevents the hose/power cord tangle that always seems to happen if I'm using the tool for any length of time.

Just wondering if anyone has tried the 3rd party hose clips for attaching a Festool Plug-It cable to the extractor hose - such as these. Cheap enough, but if people have tried and failed with them I would rather spend the money on some Velcro straps or something else instead

Thanks

Sean
I got some from eBay (can’t remember if it was the same seller or not) but they went in the bin. They didn’t grip properly. Far too weak. I got some good sturdy ones from Axminster (black rather than green)

Back